Nothing But a Pack of Cards

runewynd

So... I wrote a book.

And, I wanted to maybe come on here and see if anyone here was reading it, and also maybe start a discussion group about some of the topics in it?

I'm a huge fan of tarot sorcery, and I kind of wanted to discuss it with folks. Anyone wanna do that? :D

Penthasilia

I'm in! I haven't read the book as I have gotten away from book reading as life has gone on. I find that most of my work is more experiential and can't be found in chapters and such.

But I am always interested in chatting about the use of the cards outside of pure divination as I feel they can do so much more- really it is a damn shame to keep them relegated just to that.

Did a spectacular working with my Pagan Otherworlds deck on the last new moon and still have the cards up from it- there is a very different space and feel when using the cards to project energy rather than just soaking it in for receptive purposes- and some decks just work better for that than others.

It was my first time using the Pagan Otherworlds for that purpose- and I have to say it worked extremely well. I am thinking of doing it with my other decks and seeing which do well with actual work versus which fill in more for simple cartomancy purposes.

Let me know if you start a thread on the general topic- would be happy to join in the discussion!

Ix Chel

So... I wrote a book.

And, I wanted to maybe come on here and see if anyone here was reading it, and also maybe start a discussion group about some of the topics in it?

I'm a huge fan of tarot sorcery, and I kind of wanted to discuss it with folks. Anyone wanna do that? :D

Tell me more about your book. What book is it. I am very interested.

rwcarter

Tell me more about your book. What book is it. I am very interested.
The thread title is the title of the book. There's a synopsis on Amazon.

runewynd

Hi!

Yep, the book is entitled "Nothing But a Pack of Cards," and it's about tarot sorcery and cartomancy. Basically, the whole premise is the usage of the tarot for not only casting spells, but for learning and practicing an entire tradition of magic.

Anyway, the thread I wanted to start here was regarding the use of tarot magic!

So, I'll ask the first question I have- any of you work with tarot for learning magic? And if so, what's your favorite deck for that?

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hi runewynd,

If you wish to discuss your book, we can do that in this thread.

If you wish to discuss which books discuss tarot and magic(k), there are already existing threads on the topic or you can feel free to start a new thread.

If you want to discuss the hows and whys of using tarot for magic(k) that discussion would need to occur in the Talking Tarot forum. Although you could start a separate thread in Tarot Decks for which decks work best for use with magic(k).

rwcarter, Moderator of Tarot Books & Media
Hi!

Yep, the book is entitled "Nothing But a Pack of Cards," and it's about tarot sorcery and cartomancy. Basically, the whole premise is the usage of the tarot for not only casting spells, but for learning and practicing an entire tradition of magic.

So, I'll ask the first question I have- any of you work with tarot for learning magic? And if so, what's your favorite deck for that?

cybercat

Hi!

I will be looking this up now. Been long since I have used cards this way.

cybercat

So... I wrote a book.

I bought it and am reading it. Thanks for posting for I did not know it was out.
I would be happy to discuss this book. As an elder in more than one area both magic and Tarot I think you so far have done a good job.

It is clear reading for at least someone that has knowledge in these areas.

Zafero Berro

I spotted the origin of the title straight away. Alice says it in court!

I hope to get your book on Kindle next month.

Tanga

Hi runewynd,

If you want to discuss the hows and whys of using tarot for magic(k) that discussion would need to occur in the Talking Tarot forum. Although you could start a separate thread in Tarot Decks for which decks work best for use with magic(k).

rwcarter, Moderator of Tarot Books & Media

:) :)

Yes!! And I will join you there too runewynd - as I love Tarot + Magick! - and use it.
(have several designated "Magick" decks).
Talking Tarot has a "Threads on Magick and Ritual" section.
(plus already a thread somewhere on what decks to use - but it's quite old now...
hmm may be listed under "Threads on Magick and Ritual"... will have to check later...)

...dang it! Another Tarot book to buy... (on Magick no less). Presently I'm resisting it... hmm...

(P.S. - I didn't call my cat "You" - and I'm still working on being the scariest thing in the forest. :joke: :joke: re:Granny Weatherwax from Terry Pratchett novels.)