Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Falcor

Hermetic Tarot. It was such a mistake to buy it. Happily it's in better hands now.
Past Life oracle as well, it's beautiful no doubt but I just can't click with it. =[

Darkmage

I'm kind of in this camp with the Kabbalistisches Tarot. It's boring as all hell--it'd be great flash cards if I was studying Kabbala, but I'm not. *sigh*

That having been said, it's worth a decent chunk of change which is why I'm not getting rid of it anytime soon. It's not eating anything and stays in its box in my closet.

EmpyreanKnight

I am happy with all of them.

Although I have experienced some misgivings with a few of my decks, I did not go as far as wishing I have not bought them. I still like them, and I feel they are very much at home in my collection.

katey

The one deck I own that I guess I regret is the original Nigel Jackson Tarot.

Beautiful? Yes. Cardstock and finish? Awesome. Size? Just about perfect. So what's the problem?

This deck is the most conceited, pissy, self-absorbed deck I have ever come across. It's like the Anna Wintour of tarot decks.

I have, however, decided to keep it- in a beat up ziplock bag in a drawer separate from the rest of my decks. Every month or so, I take it out and work with it for a few days, and inevitably make the statement, "yep, you're still a bitch", and put it back in the drawer for another month.

OMG This! I just love this description! The Nigel Jackson is one of the decks I have spent the most money on - because it's out of print and I wanted to offer the seller a fair price. I thought it was so beautiful, I love everything about it... and yet, I just don't like it!

I really think it's one of the few decks I genuinely regret, and I think a big part of that is the because it wasn't just a $10 impulse buy. It was an investment I'd researched and planned for, and that I was so excited about.

I've had it since the beginning of the year, and despite my best efforts I still just don't have a good time working with this deck. I've been hesitant to move it on, but just found a reasonable trade here on the trading forums, so I'm going for it - no more space on my shelf for a snotty, superior deck! :cool5:

decan

I have tried Soul Cards. Concerning the cards themselves, their quality, not a bad surprise. But to read them was difficult for me, unclear... So I gave it.

My Achemical Tarot is a bit too complicated for me, nevertheless I like its imagery, but I have never read the cards with it.

Achlys

Every single Luis Royo deck.
I have always liked his art. So I ordered the Royo Dark and the Black Tarot that features his artwork.
But reading with them is abysmal. It's like scratching through granite with my bare hands. I just can't do it v.v

G6

Every single Luis Royo deck.
I have always liked his art. So I ordered the Royo Dark and the Black Tarot that features his artwork.
But reading with them is abysmal. It's like scratching through granite with my bare hands. I just can't do it v.v

Funny :) There's just too many ladies! Too many sexy ladies and not enough difference. It's like, well, "There's going to be scantily clad sexy ladies in your future..."

Luna's Crone

Two decks that I currently have in my collection that I wish that my hubby hadn't bought me are the Prediction and The Mythic 1st edition. As soon as I opened them, I realized that just weren't for me. I didn't have either one of these on my wish list, so I guess he just thought I would like them but they don't appeal to me. Sometimes I feel guilty about the fact that they are just sitting in my card cabinet collecting dust. For time to time I think about pulling them off of the shelf and trying to work with them but then I get distracted by another deck that is calling me.

The Oracle of Shadows and Light is on my birthday wishlist this year (the only deck that I put on it!) and I have this funny feeling that he's going to buy me a different deck, one that he thinks I will like but that I will be disappointed in.

thats a shame, i have the aussie edition and want to sell it, its one of the ones i wish i hadn't bought. it didn't click before i even got it out of the box. never used. just looked at it and its in a drawer

Luna's Crone

Just spent a bit of time going through this thread. Funny how we change. A year ago, I was trying to champion the Osho Zen. Now owning it and working with it is a dim memory...I suddenly realised that some of the cards (swords suit) were having a terrible affect on my self-esteem. I grew quickly to hate it and gave it away.

Regrets:

Tarot of a Moon Garden -- Because I just don't like it and never use it.

Robert Place Buddha Tarot -- Because it's too good a deck to be so ignored and neglected.

ditto

Luna's Crone

I usually get rid of decks I don't like pretty fast but keep a few as warning examples to not let the spending-bug get to me.

Alcohol tarot (must have been tipsy when i bought it)
Labyrinth tarot (i don't even like fantasy art)
Lars-Kristian Holmsen Tarot (just make me feel blah)

When I get money for postage I might just give them away to someone else with as poor judgment as mine.

just got the lars and i love it.