7 of Swords as how someone sees you physically

Stu123

Hello! I haven't found a similar thread, so I've decided to start one because this cards has really intrigued me. Usually I would look at the personality traits of this card (sneaky, secretive etc.) instead of on the physical side. So here we go, this is my interpretation, any more thoughts appreciated!

- short person
- someone who appears small and vulnerable
- wears baggy clothing, making them look like they're lost in them (secretive, keeping to themselves)
- trying to hide their body - covered or modestly dressed or dressed for cold weather
- someone hunching and (again, keeping to themselves quite literally)
- crossed arms
- angry or worried face or someone giving a unpleasant look to someone else
- someone scared or anxious, shaking, cold or ill and pale looking
- weightloss?

Just a few thoughts, let me know what you think :)

spookyboo22

Hello! I haven't found a similar thread, so I've decided to start one because this cards has really intrigued me. Usually I would look at the personality traits of this card (sneaky, secretive etc.) instead of on the physical side. So here we go, this is my interpretation, any more thoughts appreciated!

- short person
- someone who appears small and vulnerable
- wears baggy clothing, making them look like they're lost in them (secretive, keeping to themselves)
- trying to hide their body - covered or modestly dressed or dressed for cold weather
- someone hunching and (again, keeping to themselves quite literally)
- crossed arms
- angry or worried face or someone giving a unpleasant look to someone else
- someone scared or anxious, shaking, cold or ill and pale looking
- weightloss?

Just a few thoughts, let me know what you think :)

Maybe the power of wondering what's going on under those clothes x

Stu123

Maybe the power of wondering what's going on under those clothes x

Haha, thanks for that input! I was also thinking that the Swords could indicate lust, or maybe the forbidden fruit or temptation because the clothes themselves might not reveal much?

PAMUYA

They dont see you physically, perhaps hiding behind your clothes. Being stealth. Swords is an intellectual/mental card, not a physical one.

Stu123

They dont see you physically, perhaps hiding behind your clothes. Being stealth. Swords is an intellectual/mental card, not a physical one.

That exactly confuses me - it's not a physical card, but yet is came up in a question about physical appearance.

That leads me to think that this person either isn't thinking of the other person physically (perhaps no attraction or interested in that sense) or that they look betyond the physical and focus on the intellect instead of the looks. I'm not sure about the latter though.

Alternatively, when being stealth or secretive, there has never been the opportunity to think about the physical as the person is always so hidden/covered?

PAMUYA

That exactly confuses me - it's not a physical card, but yet is came up in a question about physical appearance.

That leads me to think that this person either isn't thinking of the other person physically (perhaps no attraction or interested in that sense) or that they look betyond the physical and focus on the intellect instead of the looks. I'm not sure about the latter though.

Alternatively, when being stealth or secretive, there has never been the opportunity to think about the physical as the person is always so hidden/covered?

My first thought was no physical attraction. I have many friends who I dont think about them physically, we have an intellectual friendship, I dont have a physical attachment. I think of their kindness or their abilities, I don't even see their physical body.

Stu123

My first thought was no physical attraction. I have many friends who I dont think about them physically, we have an intellectual friendship, I dont have a physical attachment. I think of their kindness or their abilities, I don't even see their physical body.

Thank you for this input! That makes sense - the friendship only, nothing else.

Grizabella

My insight on this is that they think you've not been honest about your physical appearance in the sense that wearing a push-up bra, hair coloring, false eyelashes, acrylic nails and a lot of makeup is altering your physical appearance to compensate for or hide attributes of your physical appearance that you don't feel are attractive. In a certain sense, this could be considered dishonesty and a way of misleading someone else into thinking you're trying to make yourself seem more attractive than you think you are without all that stuff.

This isn't to say that doing those things IS deceptive or dishonest, but there could be some people who think as I've described and that's how I'd read this card. (One of the ways, anyway.)

Stu123

My insight on this is that they think you've not been honest about your physical appearance in the sense that wearing a push-up bra, hair coloring, false eyelashes, acrylic nails and a lot of makeup is altering your physical appearance to compensate for or hide attributes of your physical appearance that you don't feel are attractive. In a certain sense, this could be considered dishonesty and a way of misleading someone else into thinking you're trying to make yourself seem more attractive than you think you are without all that stuff.

This isn't to say that doing those things IS deceptive or dishonest, but there could be some people who think as I've described and that's how I'd read this card. (One of the ways, anyway.)

Thank you Grizabella! Linking to what you said, perhaps another point could be that the person who is seen at the 7 of Swords is not being themselves, or just acting/dressing/appearing odd or simply just different to the usual? Alternatively, as you said, practically being superficial or being changed, but not to the better.

tarot_quest

It could be that this person is trying to be strategic about how they will deal with you and hence, concerning their attraction (or lack of) towards you.

I never had this card in a position of ''physical traits'', but I would think of a tall and thin person, with a well defined (sharp) body.