Tarot and Psychology

Healing Spirit

I've got the book and it's one of my fave Tarot books. He talks deep stuff in simple language, which to me is a true mark of expertise.

linnie

I haven't read the particular book you speak of, but Theosophical Society shops endure... perhaps due to the depth of content within their bookshelves.

A bookshop by that name was the first espteric shop I ventured into, in the mid-70s, and it is still there, decades later... Love those shops, and many of their self-published titles :)

linnie

bluecaffeine said:
I am an INTJ type.
Here is another site for the test
www.myersbriggs.org

An INFJ, myself... but I do despair at those tests that give you only two options, without the sometimes, never, etc etc... many times, I'd prefer being at home, wandering the labyrinth or drawing, or chatting with one or two friends, but sometimes I am really comfortable in a big group... it jus has to be the 'right' group!!! Heh heh!!!

HuskyChariot

Kitty said:
The mixing, using both for treatment, is something of great interest for me, I am starting my grad dip in psychology soon and hope to one day use both to help my patients (when I actually graduate in 4 years of working and studying at night....)

Anyone else read this book or similar?

Cheers

Hey Kitty,

I am also about to start the Grad Dip in Psych and since studying the Tarot I've been musing about how to combine the two. Think I'll have to get that book! Keep us posted on your thoughts as your reading it... p.s. the raised eyebrows thing made me laugh, had a similar experience at my workplace recently :)

Tigerangel

I'm a ISFJ type....5.79% of the AT population.

greatdane

Yes, I have that book by Dr. Rosengarten as well and yes, majored in psychology. There seems to be a lot of us here, probably not surprisingly!

danieljuk

love that book too! use it as a reference quite a lot
I am an INFJ which is exactly my personally! their ideal career path is a "counsellor"

barefootlife

I'm definitely an INF, but my P/J tends to vary by...who knows? The day, the task, my mood, the phases of the moon? I still put INFP on the poll, but it seems like an awful lot of us are INFJs. Interesting stuff!

Nemia

I'm an INFJ and have taken this test many times over the years - never had another result ;-) It's a very ordinary type here on AT, really nothing special at all. How nice to see a place where INFJs are the majority ;-)

I bought this book some years ago and liked it. I think I should read it again, I'd probably get more from it now.