Fool's Dog Tarot Apps!!

Wendywu

I have the CBD as an app, the book as paper and the cards as paper. It's a really good app and I enjoy using it. I don't have any other Conver as an app, but I do have LiberaTarot with the Noblet and that's great (actually I have a lot of LiberaTarot apps and you can substitute your own scans for the ones used in the app, so each of mine is using the scans of a different TdM). Also I have UniTarot and that has the Soprafino, Vacchetta, 1JJ and Etteilla decks.

I use the Noblet most as that is my main reading deck, but the CBD runs it a good second and the book is excellent.

I must look at that Fool's Dog ISIS app :)

Le Fanu

Just curious if anyone has both the "Tarot the Open Reading” by Yova Ben-Dov & Fool Dog "The ISIS Tarot de Marseille" by Nicolas Conver?
I have the book by Yova Ben-Dov and the ISIS app for iPhone/iPad.

It is a GORGEOUS app, so sharp and clear and richly coloured. Like the deck. I don't think the CBD is available for iPhone and so the ISIS Marseilles is my go-to Marseilles app.

There's also a very nice (free I think) Apple app using the Dusserre Dodal which I like.

Wendywu

Drat! I'm android, which is great most of the time but I can't get that ISIS app in the Playstore. Still - I have others :)

Ace of Stars

Just curious if anyone has both the "Tarot the Open Reading” by Yova Ben-Dov & Fool Dog "The ISIS Tarot de Marseille" by Nicolas Conver?

The Ben-Dov has been intriguing me and I've been wanting the cards & book. I've never bought a Tarot app before now.

There's a CBD Tarot de Marseille app available for Android and Kindle Fire. It is made by my company, Galaxy Tone. The app includes tons of content from Yoav Ben-Dov's book, "Tarot - The Open Reading". It was such a pleasure to adapt his great work for the app. There is a free version, which has a few spreads and the major suit cards, and the Pro version which has far more spreads, all 79 cards (including the blank), and an extensive encyclopedia of symbols and correspondences.

Tarot E-Cards has CBD Tarot de Marseille available as an in-app purchase if you don't have an Android device. It is made by a different company, not Galaxy Tone.

Ace of Stars

I have the CBD as an app, the book as paper and the cards as paper. It's a really good app and I enjoy using it.

Do you have the Galaxy Tone app Wendywu, or the Tarot ECards one? (Galaxy Tone for Android/Kindle Fire, Tarot ECards is for iOS).

eta: Nevermind, I see you've got an Android :)

JasonLion

ISIS Tarot de Marseille is by Tadahiro Onuma. It follows the Conver deck quite closely, but adds three dimensional perspective and shading, a Japanese aesthetic, as well as a bee in the Le Mat and the La Force cards. There is relatively little written material, just short card meanings. It is currently only available for iOS devices (and of course physical cards).

Wendywu

I have the physical cards already, but apps are fun for when I'm out and about :)

kalliope

The Ben-Dov has been intriguing me and I've been wanting the cards & book. I've never bought a Tarot app before now.

Curious as to feedback, or recommendations from you ATers? Is Ben-Dov worth trying? Or is the Fool Dog just the way to go? Or does anyone have advantages to buying both?
THANKS!

ETA: I don't have any Marseille decks at this moment...

I don't think it's an either/or scenario, unless I'm misunderstanding your question! Tarot the Open Reading is a book about reading the Marseille decks, and while he uses his own lovely CBD TdM to illustrate it, his approach would apply to all of them, including the ISIS. Since you're thinking of getting the ISIS app you must have an Apple device, so the great CBD TdM app, which includes some text by Yoav, isn't an option for you.

I don't personally have the ISIS TdM app by Fool's Dog because it's not available for Android, but since all of their apps are designed with the same excellent usability and functionality, I'll heartily recommend it. While I'm sure there is some interpretive text included, if you'd prefer to read the cards using another method, such as Yoav's, there's nothing stopping you from interpreting them yourself. :)

So basically, you should get yourself the ISIS app, and then buy Yoav's book to learn his approach to reading the TdM decks. It would be a great combination!

kalliope

Whoops, I missed the last page of posts before I posted my reply. So I merely echoed what the others have said, sorry!

But Jason, is there any chance of the ISIS and International Icon coming to Android any time soon?

JasonLion

Any chance, sure. But likely sometime soon, no. Sorry. I'll add your request to our wish list.