Imperfections Causing Trouble??

jillkite

A friend recently bought a peice of Kyanite. She was happy with it.

Then she read some information (don't know where) that Kyanite can cause trouble/problems for the wearer if it has any imperfections.

Her peice has a crack and now she is nervous about wearing it...

I understand that it is best to have crystals that are as perfect as possible for healing, as their energies are stronger. But I never heard of an imperfect crystal causing problems...

Does anyone have any words of wisdom about this please??

Padma

Kyanite is frequently "cracked" looking - as though looking into a piece of blue ice, almost. It is a physically weak crystal, in terms of pieces that are clear/strong enough to use as jewelry. It is particularly easy to fracture it. That shouldn't take anything away from the powers of the stone itself. :) Kyanite is a *very* intense stone energy-wise, so you can reassure your friend on that score. It would take a lot to diminish the healing powers.

As with people, just because a stone may have a physical flaw of some kind, does not mean it can't function in whatever capacity it is best at! ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyanite

http://www.crystalvaults.com/crystal-encyclopedia/kyanite

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=176898

EvMaeve

Almost all stones have imperfections, even very high-grade jewelry stones that are a lot tougher than kyanite. You'd be hard pressed to find a perfect stone anywhere outside a museum. I would strongly question the source of her information. The fewer imperfections in the stone, the exponentially higher the price. Sounds suspiciously like underhanded sales talk to me. And yeah, kyanite is usually fractured and included.

Personally, I find that imperfections give stones character. If the stone feels good to your friend, if it's beautiful and enjoyable to wear, that's all she needs!

dryadintheelm

This is one of those things where psychology and energy get all jumbled up. Probably the source of that information was working on a goal (or had a psychological quirk) that made them think their personal information could be generalized to everyone else. I mean, the difference between an entire culture noticing that certain stones tended to draw certain things when compared to one person's reaction to one particular stone and that information being passed down as truth when perhaps it's not valid for everyone.

The problem is that sometimes we hear these things as truth and then it gets worked into our own mind and that becomes part of our truth. Example: I have heard that people who charge money for psychic predictions will loose their power. Obviously that isn't true for everyone, just look at the people here who read professionally. But, if I heard that from a source I trusted and believed, then perhaps for me if I tried to accept money, I might end up not being able to produce an accurate reading, possibly even affecting later readings, due to my own belief.

Ask your friend if the stone had felt right for her before she heard the information. Let her know to concentrate on that feeling. If the stone is any danger to her, she likely wouldn't have been drawn to it in the first place.

jillkite

Thank you for your wise words and perspectives that confirmed my own feelings. i have summarised what has been said and passed on to my friend, telling her that i have asked 3 other crystal healers about this, so hopefully she will start to feel reassured and begin to enjoy her stone again.

Thanks for the links Padma, especially to Crystal Vaults, lots of great info there.

Off topic but,

Example: I have heard that people who charge money for psychic predictions will loose their power.

I have also heard the opposite! When i suggested to a group of tarot students that they start practising readings for free, and then when they are ready maybe ask for donations until they are experienced enough to ask for a fee, two people told me that energetically they thought it was negative to do that, they believed they should always be paid something and one started to charge a fixed fee per question right away! Just shows that people will believe what it suits them to believe in any given case.

Padma

Yes, I do love the Crystal Vault site! They cover absolutely everything! Glad I could help, Jillkite - and I hope your friend enjoys her stone again!

Jillkite said:
Just shows that people will believe what it suits them to believe in any given case.

Oh, boy - you sure said a mouthful of truth there! :rolleyes: