TOADies Anonymous.

journeyinghome

Technically, I'm on track - having bought a tarot deck today. But truth be told, I've also bought a Lenormand :D I'm still happy though that I've got this far into 2016 and just these 2 purchases. And many decks have headed out the door too. Progress :)

Cocobird55

Got my Corte Del Tarocchi today, and I'm very glad that I bought it. My next purchase will be when the new deck by Robert Place and Rachel Pollack comes out.

Serenia

I'm trying to convince myself that I'm still on track... I do feel somewhat bad though because I have (pre-)ordered a total of four decks since the beginning of January. My plan is to buy a maximum of ~10 decks this year, so I obviously missed my target for the first two months. It also doesn't help that none of these four decks has arrived yet... *sigh*.

The only one deck I actually received this year is my Tarot of Trees, 3rd edition (oops! I'm not allowed to say that, right? :shhh: ), but that doesn't count towards my decks purchased in 2016 since I placed the order nine months ago (and then everything was delayed due to difficulties with the printing shop).

journeyinghome

The only one deck I actually received this year is my Tarot of Trees, 3rd edition (oops! I'm not allowed to say that, right? :shhh: ), but that doesn't count towards my decks purchased in 2016 since I placed the order nine months ago (and then everything was delayed due to difficulties with the printing shop).

You can say what you've bought :) (And nice choice on the Tarot of Trees - one of my favourites) If Michellehihi and Sphynx131 give us their lists, well, I think we might be in trouble then! ;)

Michellehihi

You can say what you've bought :) (And nice choice on the Tarot of Trees - one of my favourites) If Michellehihi and Sphynx131 give us their lists, well, I think we might be in trouble then! ;)

I am in big trouble wit my credit card! Journeyhome, does your post mean you want to know my list?

earthair

Experiencing a strange new feeling...having just received my Sola Busca I don't feel the need to buy any more decks. :)
Maybe the key to resisting is knowing when you have completed a phase of collecting and planning an end to that phase?

Scarlet Woodland

I'm feeling quite sated at the moment too. Having received my crop of bargain lennies and Rana George's wonderful book, I should be all set for quite a while. Really helps having a proper project to sink my teeth into.

The special deck I was saving up for has been overtaken by another... but rather than leaping after both I find I've let the first one go. My new (alas equally darn expensive) goal deck will be an early birthday present to myself once the money's scraped together. There are a few new releases this year that I'll keep my eye on but am not chomping at the bit for a change :D

Nemia

A deck that I bought in November came some days ago - isn't it wonderful? I have a new deck to look at but I can bathe in the feeling that I didn't buy a new deck since November LOL. Win-win! I don't have any money now anyway. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't buy a deck. And since I have more deck-learning projects than I'll ever need, I guess it will be easy to stick to my newly frugal principles. For now ;-)

Gulliver

Experiencing a strange new feeling...having just received my Sola Busca I don't feel the need to buy any more decks. :)
Maybe the key to resisting is knowing when you have completed a phase of collecting and planning an end to that phase?

Me too have this thought that the feeling to have completed the collecting phase could be the key. I had the feeling, "so now it is good" - though there is a temptation every now and then, but this is really nice.

seedcake

I'm not planning to buy any Tarot deck in the near future. I own few with which I want to get more intimate (really, how it sounds... :D)... and does Lenormand count? I bought books and I really want to branch out. Just tell me that Lenormand does not count, please ;)