View Single Post
Resident

Naomi Ningishzidda 

Hm, thanks guys. As for the Sephiroth, well...uhhhhhh....

You know, I just learned them from charts online. There's so much bad information out there nowadays, compared to when I was learning though. And now searching for Sephiroth just gets you pictures of a silver-haired devil. Lots of charts under Kabbalah, Sephiroth, but none of them really seem to be of a very high quality. I guess this is why people go into the A.'.A.'. and GD.

In books, there's all kinds of nonsense, people trying to merge East and West without respecting logic. And then even better, we have things getting translated and presented out of classical Jewish Kabbalah that turns the Golden Dawn and co. right out on their heads, as far as cosmology goes, at least with some things. The holy-cow of the single Sephiroth for example. One look at Lurianic Kabbala, now available in the West in English, is enough to make the Western schools look pretty ignorant in some areas.

So the question of how to learn the Sephiroth is surprisingly, not something I can answer off the top of my head, and I havn't trudged that far in writing The Abrahadabra Institute curriculum or the books to be able to offer you anything very useful. I could write a guide myself, but it would take me a few weeks as I am very busy at the moment. But I would like to post a new article for the tarot anyways.

None of the books I have on hand cover it, well, except 777 to some extent.

I spent a while looking around at some books that might show some promise, but when I found something good, there would be a glaring error, like calling Da'ath a Sephirab for example. (It's very important to regard it as a non-sephiroth)

This is why an updated curriculum is essential, now the authors are all just monopolizing on what is popular to talk about with whatever crop of 20 somethings have been produced by the market of Choronzon. They're compacting the errors over and over again. Well I had enough of that with Sitchin and Sumerian literature. This damage can last for generations, it's very irresponsible.

I just looked at 777 and it's still very good for Sephiroth. It's also in the public domain, you should be able to find a copy easily. If not, I have an e-version somewhere for searching purposes (I also own four copies of different editions) There's nothing like being introduced to the Sephirab individually by a master magician from what I can see out there. But barring that, Crowley still has the best material overall. He did steal from the best.

Then you'll want a copy of Tarot of the Egyptians, which is also in the public domain so you can get it for free. Here Aleister refers to Two of Wands, for example, as "Chokmah in the Suite of Fire". Well he is saying that because it's the second Sephira and it's a small card with the numeric value of 2. So if I pulled a 2 of Clubs, I would immediately think about what I know about Fire, and Chokmah. Easy, that's creative force that needs something to fuel it, and the Father. In a deck of playing cards, red cards are female, black cards are male.

With all of that being said, I still don't have an adequate source for you to learn the Sephiroth that will truly bring you to an understanding of how awesome and interesting they are. I've been looking for hours, not a single chart or essay meets with my approval for being able to recommend it.

I need to write a synopsis of each of the Sephiroth anyways, so I'll do it. I might post it. For now you can look at this Sephiroth spread I made, it doesn't get into great depth about the Sephiroth themselves but the information was crosschecked by m1thr0s so it is very accurate.

http://abrahadabra.com/the-mutationa...hiroth-spread/
Top   #40