Tea Leaf oracle Study Thread

Enlightenment23

I am guessing it's the phrase some endeavors which could have made the answer maybe. Best guess.

Alternatively this deck may not be good with yes/no question.

I practice it on past stuff or stuff I knew coming up and it made sense. I practice some questions on a friend I know...and she liked it so much she told me she ordered it lol.

One question that was asked to me one of the cards didn't make sense. But, when I sat on it and with some knowledge of the situation I was able to deduce what the one card may mean.

Yeah, I'm sure you're right on both counts.

Yeah, so true! Some of the cards make no sense right off the bat, but after a little more reflection, it's like, "Oh, okay. I gotcha!" Sometimes the imagery can offer insight and a more resonant answer than the actual by-the-book meaning.

ETA: I also find it works really well as a supplement to tarot. Really well.

CosmicBeing

Yeah, I'm sure you're right on both counts.

Yeah, so true! Some of the cards make no sense right off the bat, but after a little more reflection, it's like, "Oh, okay. I gotcha!" Sometimes the imagery can offer insight and a more resonant answer than the actual by-the-book meaning.

ETA: I also find it works really well as a supplement to tarot. Really well.

They are for sure my favorite because it's one meaning for a card. The other deck I use to use a lot was Chakra zodiac by Cinnamon crow I believer her name is. Anyway..very accurate and upfront. But there were four meanings on each card so you could always choose the wrong meaning and then when you look back you are like oh it's that meaning.

It prevents me from BSing myself lol.

CosmicBeing

I pulled a bunch of random cards to see what the theme is:
(Maybe it will tell me something plus practice)
Hills - Obstacles to overcome
Boot- Increase your efforts if you want to achieve your goals.
Bull- Do not back down from opposition. Show strength & fortitude.
Sunrise- New creative idea. New ventures. A fresh start.
Yoke- Feeling tied down, or frustrated.
Tower- Solid foundation. Success with effort.
Egg- Success assured with good plans & hard work
Barrel- You feel something is lacking in your life; perhaps money, goals, or love.

**be back to examine the relationships between these cards**

Padma

Hi Cosmic and Enlightenment! I don't have these cards anymore, but I had wondered if maybe this old study group thread would help you both in your understanding of the Tea Leaf oracle (if you haven't already seen it...)

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=193242

We had also done a few months of weekly reading exchanges, which may also help in some way. I think that was back in 2012 or something like that. I'll go root around and see if I can find one of the exchanges for you both.

ETA I found the weekly one but I think you are doing dailies, so maybe the daily draw link will be of some assistance...?

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=3471903#post3471903

CosmicBeing

Hi Cosmic and Enlightenment! I don't have these cards anymore, but I had wondered if maybe this old study group thread would help you both in your understanding of the Tea Leaf oracle (if you haven't already seen it...)

We had also done a few months of weekly reading exchanges, which may also help in some way. I think that was back in 2012 or something like that. I'll go root around and see if I can find one of the exchanges for you both.

ETA I found the weekly one but I think you are doing dailies, so maybe the daily draw link will be of some assistance...?

Oh thank you!

I'm going through the first link right now.

We are pretty much doing whatever lol. I did a 7 day outlook...and then today I just pulled a bunch of random cards (no question) so I can better identify the theme or the string connecting them all. Plus I get to learn new card meanings.

I'm adjusting to the cards. Also slowly figuring out how to shuffle and choose cards... shaking them up doesn't work. I usually shuffle section by section and then shuffle. I might try mixing them up on a table or the floor and pick the cards I am drawn to.

Padma

I'm glad I could help :)

One of the reasons I gave those cards away is that I found them impossible to handle. I think one of the people in the study threads had put them in a large opaque drawstring bag, (not the little mesh bag they came with) so they could rummage around and draw them randomly that way.

CosmicBeing

I'm glad I could help :)

One of the reasons I gave those cards away is that I found them impossible to handle. I think one of the people in the study threads had put them in a large opaque drawstring bag, (not the little mesh bag they came with) so they could rummage around and draw them randomly that way.

Yea, huge deck and hard to handle. I been wanting them for years... so hopefully I don't give up. They also give upfront answers...easier for me to tell what they are trying to say.

I had that card handling issue with lenormand at the beginning because they were smaller than I am use to.

Also had issues with decks with cards that are too stiff.

Enlightenment23

They are for sure my favorite because it's one meaning for a card. The other deck I use to use a lot was Chakra zodiac by Cinnamon crow I believer her name is. Anyway..very accurate and upfront. But there were four meanings on each card so you could always choose the wrong meaning and then when you look back you are like oh it's that meaning.

It prevents me from BSing myself lol.

Aah, I see. This one's my first oracle because - well - it's the only one that ever truly grabbed my attention. AT member Grizabella introduced it to me when I was looking for ways to enhance my tarot reading experience. But it was going of print at the time and marketplace sellers priced it at almost $300!

So you can imagine how happy I was when i heard it was reprinting.

Enlightenment23

I pulled a bunch of random cards to see what the theme is:
(Maybe it will tell me something plus practice)
Hills - Obstacles to overcome
Boot- Increase your efforts if you want to achieve your goals.
Bull- Do not back down from opposition. Show strength & fortitude.
Sunrise- New creative idea. New ventures. A fresh start.
Yoke- Feeling tied down, or frustrated.
Tower- Solid foundation. Success with effort.
Egg- Success assured with good plans & hard work
Barrel- You feel something is lacking in your life; perhaps money, goals, or love.

**be back to examine the relationships between these cards**

Is there a specific theme here or just a random pull?

Enlightenment23

OMG awesome! You're such a help. Thank you! :heart: