21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- Step SIXTEEN

coyoteblack

Nice sketch!!

she seems more femanine more cute and seeing as she is unbound she is much more free like she is in control not being held in place.

freedom is the biggest difference I noticed between your card and the origianal.

als the fish look like they might have an attitude like if they had fingers they would do the finger snap hand around in a circle thing

coyoteblack

I kee posting my above comment and t does not seem to show up I wonder why

Jewel

coyoteblack said:
Freedom is the biggest difference I noticed between your card and the original.

Also the fish look they might have a attitude if they had fingers they would do the snap fingers and hands around the world thing
Actually she has the same vines, I painstakingly took the magnifying glass to the card to make sure *LOL*, but they are a little looser, and really adorn her. I see her as a dancer and very feminine also. There is hope and healing in freedom ... :)

And yes the fish have attitudes, just look at my Step 15 and you can re-acquaint yourself with them *LOL*. If they could, they would leap out of the water and eat that poor dragonfly faster than he could even think of flying off. They must be a remnant of the tower card *LOL*

rachelcat

Hi, friends. Here is my sketch, such that it is!

I enjoyed your sketches! I think it's really interesting how they are so much more personal than a printed card, since we drew them ourselves!

There were only a few things I noticed when I sketched that I didn't notice before:

The look that I interpreted as "attractive" and "sexy" is that way because she is looking directly at the viewer!

Both her hands are loosely closed. One is holding her skirt, but I don't know why the other one is. Perhaps to show intensity? I think it's kind of an odd way to hold your hand in a dance . . .

All 6 hands in the background are behind the back two poles. Does that mean the hands are throwing their hearts from back to front, toward the girl AND the viewer? I don't really know what that would mean. The only time I know when people throw stuff on people is at weddings. So she could be the bride and the viewer the groom??? That doesn't help much, does it.

I notice that I sketched the poles farther from the girl than they are in the card. Probably only by ineptness, but she DOES seem to be a bit freer here!

A very interesting step, even if it seems to have brought up more questions than answers!

Attachments

• Sketch 4 Wands.PDF
    118.3 KB · Views: 764

Jewel

rachelcat said:
I notice that I sketched the poles farther from the girl than they are in the card. Probably only by ineptness, but she DOES seem to be a bit freer here!

A very interesting step, even if it seems to have brought up more questions than answers!
You know you may have something there. In my drawing of my card I also "freed" up my character more than in the card. It could be ineptness, but subconsciously as we work on our "issue" and we become freer, perhaps we free our cards.

This step does bring up more questions, which is great as it continues to make us dig deeper, and look forward to what may be revealed in the next steps (answers and new questions alike).

dadsnook2000

Just a note

In this step we had to visualize how our chosen card could-might-needed to be changed in some way to reflect what we saw or wanted to see. In the next step, 17, we will be "feeling" what our card has to say. This seems to be some form of "personalizing" the tarot for each of us. If so, the anticipation of finding more questions than those we can answer is probably quite appropriate. Dave

nicki

I just read step 16, drawing ugh!! well thats going to be interesting!!!

nicki

nicki

21 ways to read a tarot card - Step 16

Step 16.1 Do a basic sketch of your card, what did you discover that you hadn’t noticed before?
I've decided I must have chosen the worst card to try and sketch as this card has so much detail and its all so important and as much as I tried couldn’t get anywhere near what I wanted to draw without missing certain things out, so I decided to describe what I wanted instead of drawing it, I hope this is ok.

I decided to enlarge the card for detail. Until now I hadn’t realised that the wings were actually attached the egg and the Lion and Eagle were sitting on the wings. The main thing I noticed is the naked man and woman in the top corners, until now I really had no idea what they represented but looking at them more closely they seem sad and disillusioned almost as if they are unfinished. This is in total contrast to the Emperor and Empress both are clothed, adorned with jewels and portray happiness and fulfilment. This has thrown up the question whether the Emperor and Empress represent the finished product of the figures in the corner?

I hope this is ok and counts as a step.

nicki

Starling

RWS - 9 of Pentacles

I drew the card. What was really interesting was counting the grape clusters and the Pentacles. There are 3 grape clusters to the left of the main figure and 6 Pentacles. There are 6 grape cluster to the right of the figure and 3 Pentacles. In addition the main figure is trying to relate to the bird, but the bird's head is covered and if he could look at something, he would be looking out of the card at the reader.

Verdi

21 steps step 16

DruidCraft
Hermit

The drawing went quickly, i'm no rembrandt! What struck me most was the absence of eyes in the Hermit card. This underlines his ability to see into the soul, seeing things our eyes do not see. This also made me more aware of the piercing eyes of the wolf. Prehaps this tells use that we use our eyes on to see the natural. That we fool ourselfs into thinking we see, when truely we see only a part of our lifes. The rest is looking inward to the real truth about our lives.
Verdi :)

Attachments

• DC9mydraw.JPG
    DC9mydraw.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 583
  • DC9.JPG
    DC9.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 589