King of Swords

caridwen

What do you guys think of this King? He looks to me as though he's made a judgement and banged his fists down, as though slamming down a gavel. He is war torn and scarred.

What careers would he represent do you think? Lawyer, judge, police...

I'd be really interested in what you think:)

dadsnook2000

Tough question

First, this King looks like he is considering something while the winds of change swirl around him. His pose is one of determination and resolve. What puzzles me is his armour; the shoulders, forearms and hands are well protected and the torso is "decorated" in loosely linked scraps of metal. The stone throne gives one the expectation of solidity, yet the wind and the non-armour on his body detract from his steadiness and solidity. Perhaps this contrast of symbols is what is important in this card -- keeping core portions of oneself stable in an environment of change despite ones vulnerability and perceived strengths.

So, for careers! A judge, a successful investment broker, a marriage counselor, a manager of some technology operation, a grade school teacher, a screen writer, a book critic, an editor, a TV viewer watching one of President Bush's speeches. Just some thoughts. Dave

Ashara

To me it looks like he has just made a descision to go out to battle... again... Ready to protect his country and everything he loves.

Proffessions: father, police officer, (childrens) advocate

RiccardoLS

He seem to me so tired of fighting...
He would like to be in the sun, and whole, and in springtime, but it's a chain of love that bind him to his duty. And not one of fear, or pride.

At his core I see kindness. At his hand, steel.

ric

brenmck

Scan of this King?

Would it be possible for anyone to scan this King here?
This deck is hard to find - and the sites don't show him.
Thanks.

~B~

brenmck

Got it! Thanks very much.

~B~

caridwen

Autumn leaves swirl around him though and winter approaches. There is no new growth now as creatures and plants get ready to hibernate for winter. His cuts look as though they can't heal and he looks determined and fierce, maybe he knows this will be his last battle, he goes to his death.

star-lover

this king in this deck I feel sorry for - he seems hurt but has to hide this, put it beyond his duties

his sword is set in stone on the back of his throne - thoughts, views, rules, regulations - he seems he can't move an inch - his sword of power seems to have been buried to some higher authority and he's not happy about this

he is restrictred by his uniform - his hands are clenched but his hair and eyes and the leaves tell another story

he hates being in this position

he has to be rigid because its his role and position

I dont think he is very happy

But i do think he has the power to chose ;) and if I had to flick a coin he would chose freedom

I'd say he is in a position of great power and responsibility and alot of the time would do what he has to within the laws but still has the ability to do what is right even if its not the *expected* of him - ie I mean he will follow his heart/moral judgement if it conflicts with certain laws

this is a courageous king and i would put my hat off to him

this fey card reminds me of the tower for some reason

koulla

dadsnook2000 said:
First, this King looks like he is considering something while the winds of change swirl around him. His pose is one of determination and resolve. What puzzles me is his armour; the shoulders, forearms and hands are well protected and the torso is "decorated" in loosely linked scraps of metal. The stone throne gives one the expectation of solidity, yet the wind and the non-armour on his body detract from his steadiness and solidity. Perhaps this contrast of symbols is what is important in this card -- keeping core portions of oneself stable in an environment of change despite ones vulnerability and perceived strengths.

So, for careers! A judge, a successful investment broker, a marriage counselor, a manager of some technology operation, a grade school teacher, a screen writer, a book critic, an editor, a TV viewer watching one of President Bush's speeches. Just some thoughts. Dave
The King of Swords as a Marriage Counsillor, Nah!!!!!!!! That is more the King of Cups, he is more in touch with his emotions, a counsillor if empathic, this King looks more like a Hanging Judge,