View Single Post
Citizen

knight_sephiroth 

Onaorkal, great analysis! Not sure what I can add to it. LOL. So, I'll share some of my personal experiences with this card.

This is really one of my favorite representations of the The Fool in any deck. The brightness, fresh foliage, and upright, healthy, curious nature of the cat suggests the journey is simply delicious! He is not about to step off a cliff. Instead, the path is inviting, winding, worth exploring and enjoying. This is very Taoist to me, as it relates to the idea that the journey is more important than the arrival, and the cat relishes his up-close experiences. He does not seem afraid to venture, to try and to learn. This is the fresh, sweetness of naivety, not the foolish cliff-slipping noob. This is the spark of potential. Entry into new potential. The sun rises on a new day of exploration.

I have a kitten who's at 4 months now. Each time he awakens, there is endless potential. He is curious, exploratory. Even the tiniest things he encounters (a paper straw wrapper! a moth! a Cheerio!) brings the same kind of elated fascination. It's all new, fabulous, interesting, and he's never bored. The road of potential seems to stretch in front of him and he plays until he crashes, only to start the trip all over again with each new "morning."

This is a very positive card, easy to read, glowing with potential. Things are just beginning and it's okay to be fearless and to indulge in the joy of moments. The moment is as important as your bigger ideals, maybe moreso. Be open, responsive.

Edited to add:

I know the path clearly winds, picturesque, into a grand distance, but I can't help feeling the cat could just as easily turn and explore the direction closest to us. This says to me that when embarking on new journeys, you don't always have to take the most obvious path.
Top   #2