View Single Post
Citizen

easternsunrise 
Citizen

STEP 4-Mythic Tarot-Five of Cups

1) Once upon a time there was a young lady who was put into a deep sleep by a man she couldn't love. This man had tried to win her over for years but she could not love him. He became angered and put a spell on her making her sleep forever. He kept her captive in a cold building at the top of a very high mountain with only the moon to watch her. He didn't want love to find her. No man had ever climbed to the top of the mountain and he was sure no-one would find her. One night an angel was flying over head and saw the lady sleeping. He flew down to the lady and thought she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Walking over next to the bed to get a closer look he tipped over the golden cups by her bedside. It made such a loud clatter he couldn't understand how she did not wake. He touched her arm and she still did not wake. He though it was unusual and put his cheek down next to hers to see if she was breathing and "accidently" touched his lips to hers. The lady woke up in an instant and the angel was so spooked that he ran away. The lady had fallen instatly in love with the angel and to this day sits atop the mountain waiting for the angel to return for her.

2) I am a sad lady awaiting my angel to come for me. I live atop this high mountain and it is impossible for me to leave. I was put under a sleeping spell many years ago by an angry man and woke again by the kiss of a winged angel. His kiss freed me from my sleep and I instantly fell in love with him. He ran off in fear but I still have hope for his return.

3) This reminds me of a time when a stranger helped me change a tire on the side of the road. I never even got a chance to thank him or get his name. But I often think of the kindness he gave me in a desperate situation.
Top   #68