Victorian Romantic Study group - who wants to join in?

Cocobird55

I'm not interested in such a formal, structured kind of study group myself. I thought we would just share readings, what we think about the cards, whatever we like about the VR.

strings of life

Cocobird55 said:
I'm not interested in such a formal, structured kind of study group myself. I thought we would just share readings, what we think about the cards, whatever we like about the VR.
You can post your daily (or not so daily) card draws in the Victorian Romantic Daily Draws thread which is part of the Daily Draws sub-forum in Your Readings. This thread is just supposed to be discussion about the Study Group. I'll post in Daily Draws today!

Pam O, any person can start a thread in the Study Group or post in an existing thread. There is no PM notification when someone does that--as in you won't get a PM from Sulis or the person who starts the thread--unless that person agrees to PM you. I can agree to PM you when I start one if you like, although, you can "watch" the Study Group index thread and post whenever you wish. Let me know if you want to PM you.

Sulis has said it best, previously: structured Study Groups (select one card a day/week or something else formal) tend to not work well since people drop in and out of Study Groups all of the time. Some people may want to go in order--and they can-- and others can do cards randomly if they wish. Someone will post in a card's thread when it is right for them.

Hope this helps clarify things. I'm with Coccobird55, in that I prefer something less structured so that studying doesn't feel like a task, but something to enjoy!

Sulis

Moderator note

I'm afraid that readings aren't allowed in Tarot Study Groups unless they are to demonstrate how a particular bit of symbolism can be read.

Edited to say:
Cocobird's readings have been added to the Victorian Romantic Daily Draws thread (click me).

It's lovely to see this group getting started again :).

Sulis - Tarot Study Groups moderator

Pam O

aurarcana said:
Pam O, any person can start a thread in the Study Group or post in an existing thread. There is no PM notification when someone does that--as in you won't get a PM from Sulis or the person who starts the thread--unless that person agrees to PM you. I can agree to PM you when I start one if you like, although, you can "watch" the Study Group index thread and post whenever you wish. Let me know if you want to PM you.
Would it work with the "rules" if we post here when a new card thread is added? Then we could all get the email automatically...
:)

strings of life

Pam O said:
Would it work with the "rules" if we post here when a new card thread is added? Then we could all get the email automatically...
Sure, I can do that. Not sure if anyone else will though ;). I've seen that done in some of the index threads.

I posted Strength over the weekend.

Pam O

Pam O said:
aurarcana said:
Sure, I can do that. Not sure if anyone else will though ;). I've seen that done in some of the index threads.

I posted Strength over the weekend.
Perfect. I have to run off to make some $$$ to pay for my Tarot addiction. :)
I will take a look and see if I can add one too when I get back.
Hopefully more people will join in the fun. :cool4:

ETA: I added a post to your Strength post and also put up a scan of the card...

strings of life

Just wanted to catch up with all of you. I'm taking a slight detour and am using another deck right now. Happens! I'll be back though, although the Daily Draws are more helpful for me when it comes to "studying". See you around the board :love:.

Pam O

aurarcana said:
Just wanted to catch up with all of you. I'm taking a slight detour and am using another deck right now. Happens! I'll be back though, although the Daily Draws are more helpful for me when it comes to "studying". See you around the board :love:.
I have been pondering if it would be possible for me to use ONLY one deck, and I've decided that would be like saying I can only spend time with ONE friend, and ignore all other friends... :bugeyed: :confused: :bugeyed:
ohhhhh noooooo......
So, I have decided that I personally am going to keep spending focused time with the VR, but not exclusively. We will just go with the flow and post card studies when we are inspired to, sound good? :)
PS I did pull the Strength card as a daily card the other day, then I pulled a clarifier for more depth from my VR Russian, and yes, it was Strength too?!?! Another one of those "big" messages!

Will go do a Daily Draw now.

strings of life

Pam O said:
I have been pondering if it would be possible for me to use ONLY one deck, and I've decided that would be like saying I can only spend time with ONE friend, and ignore all other friends... :bugeyed: :confused: :bugeyed:
ohhhhh noooooo......
It's so hard :laugh:. Pathetic, right?

Pam O said:
So, I have decided that I personally am going to keep spending focused time with the VR, but not exclusively. We will just go with the flow and post card studies when we are inspired to, sound good? :)
Sounds perfect :).

Pam O said:
PS I did pull the Strength card as a daily card the other day, then I pulled a clarifier for more depth from my VR Russian, and yes, it was Strength too?!?! Another one of those "big" messages!

Will go do a Daily Draw now.
I love/hate when that happens, but it always caused me to pay extra special attention.

Lil Red

I'll join in the study group thread! :p