Bicycle - Dark Hearts V.2 - by Anna Stokes

La Force

I just received my new deck.

Wow Anne Stokes, did a fabulous job on this deck. It is a regular playing card deck printed by Bicycle. only cost me 5.00 CAD

What will shock you is that I found 4 decks, maybe 5, not sure about the 5th one. anyways I talk about the 2 version by Anne Stokes and The Favole, by Victoria Frances, which is also a tarot deck. There is The Alchemy 1977 England and it's a Tarot deck too.

These decks are spot on with imagery and playing card cartomancy meanings / interpretations. I am posting this so that if you like regular card divination, then this deck is for you. you will love it.

I when through card by card, cross referencing playing card cartomancy meanings with each card. Well done.

I really like the Bicycle Dark Hearts V2. by Anne Stokes. as we know she also did the Gothic Tarot, so you could use these deck together as a combo set. :)

you can finds these on the Bicycle playing card website.

La Force
:)

Chronata

Ok...based on this post, I had to look those up (I am a sucker for playing card decks)

and WOW! Those are incredible!

It's funny that things I barely tolerate in tarot (dark angels/gothic skulls) are perfect in a playing card deck! Don't know why...

but I am ordering these right now! (the price is way too good!)

Thanks for the heads-up La Force!

La Force

Ok...based on this post, I had to look those up (I am a sucker for playing card decks)

and WOW! Those are incredible!

It's funny that things I barely tolerate in tarot (dark angels/gothic skulls) are perfect in a playing card deck! Don't know why...

but I am ordering these right now! (the price is way too good!)

Thanks for the heads-up La Force!

These are so freaking amazing, I love them, not only that, there are so close that you can even use this deck as a Lenormand. There's even a Key card. which blew me away, however it's on a different card then the Lenormand. Most of the cards will work for the Lenormand way of reading, as well as a perfect match for playing card cartomancy. which is so perfect. a actual 52 playing card deck fully illustrated, with correlating to the meanings for each card. Dream come true, for me. This is like the RWS deck for Cartomancers. Thanks Anna Stokes.

check this out. I am going to post up 5 cards and meanings. you also notice how these card are very close to to being a Lenormand. I've got all meanings done for every card, If anyone is interested I'll post them up for you. I used many reference to gather the right meanings to go with each card.I also added some of my own. This saves you time, cause I've already done it. You may of course use your own.

I have attached pictures.

This is from the Clubs Suit
These card are also represented in the lenormand as
25. Ring (Ace of Clubs)
6. Clouds (King of Clubs)
7 Snake (Queen of Clubs)
11. Whip / Birch rod (Jack of Clubs)
15. Bear (10 of Clubs)

As we know in the Lenormand these are the nasty court people that are pretty harsh.

Below the Court cards are all, warnings, dangerous, nasty, deceitful, harsh, you don't want to meet them down a dark alley. Fatal attraction

Clubs: Hardships, Obstacles

ACE:
Power of the mind, Premonition, Prophecy, Dreams
Power of believing, Wishes
Potential for communication (Speaking, writing, internet, phone call, text message, etc.)
Good luck, peaceful home, prosperity
Letter, paper, tidiness

King: MEDUSA - (Guardian, Protector)
Charming, affectionate,
Strong-willed
Rivals, Stalkers
Rape, abuse, abusive
Rage, Wrath
Looks could Kill, One look turns you to stone
False People
Knowledgeable, logical, linear thinker, analytical
Split personality
Mental instability
Causes confusion, trouble, problems

Queen: Black Widow (Deadly)
Unfaithful, seduction, passionate
Bossy, Manipulative
Self-determined
Deadly attraction
Dangerous woman
Entrapment
Betrayal
Webs we weave
Warning
Untrustworthy
Deception, Deceptive, Deceive
One night Stand

Lenormand the Queen is the Snake, which bites and is poisonous, same for the black widow, the both have a nasty bit and can kill.

Jack: Siren (Enchantress)
A wander, A searcher
Rational and Intuitive
Sociable, chatty
Lying, Coercion
Corruption
Varied abilities, Music, singing
Charming, Irresistible, seductive, entrance, sexual allure, falling in love
Floods, Storms, Shipwrecks, Drownings

Ten: (Grim Reaper)
Time, death, responsibilities, official, ending, false love, disease, inheritance, Legacy
Riches suddenly acquired through death of a relation or friend

La Force

Attachments

• AC.jpg
    AC.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 310
  • KC.jpg
    KC.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 283
  • QC.jpg
    QC.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 292
  • JC.jpg
    JC.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 283
  • 10C.jpg
    10C.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 288

La Force

Now because I mentioned that this deck could also be used and read in a lenormand way, I thought I would upload what I see, I could be wrong, I like it cause to me I can read both ways with this deck, so I have a Halloween Lenormand dark deck.

as I said in above post the Key is on the wrong card, The 7 of Spade is the 27. Letter, card in the Lenormand, and the 8 of Diamonds is 33. Key in the Lenormand deck.

I have taken some Pictures with comparison to The blue owl Lenormand and The Cross Stitch Lenormand.

Just sharing what I see. Not 100% saying it is. to me it's pretty darn close IMO

La Force

Attachments

• Key.jpg
    Key.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 289
  • Drk and Lenormand.jpg
    Drk and Lenormand.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 293
  • Coffin.jpg
    Coffin.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 281
  • Dark and Lenormand 2.jpg
    Dark and Lenormand 2.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 291
  • Deark Lenormand 3.jpg
    Deark Lenormand 3.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 264

Chronata

It IS close...if not exact to lenormand, so since I read the Lennie deck pretty much intuitively anyway, this works for me.
The images are slightly different from how I learned playing card meanings...but then so is the Lenormand.
I am thinking it's not too hard to combine systems.

Either way this is a perfect new oracle!

Glass Owl

I have this deck on my wishlist now. The art looks amazing! La Force, do you plan on using the deck as a Lenormand deck (perhaps using the card featuring the key as the Lenormand key card and disregarding its playing card title)? Or do you think you will use it as a 36 card oracle that reads similar to the Lenormand? Or maybe just use the whole deck as an oracle?

At any rate, this is an awesome find!

La Force

It IS close...if not exact to lenormand, so since I read the Lennie deck pretty much intuitively anyway, this works for me.
The images are slightly different from how I learned playing card meanings...but then so is the Lenormand.
I am thinking it's not too hard to combine systems.

Either way this is a perfect new oracle!

This a Perfect new oracle

Why do you think I posted this thread, Share the excitement of my new find. so other can join in and not miss out.

I have this deck on my wishlist now. The art looks amazing! La Force, do you plan on using the deck as a Lenormand deck (perhaps using the card featuring the key as the Lenormand key card and disregarding its playing card title)? Or do you think you will use it as a 36 card oracle that reads similar to the Lenormand? Or maybe just use the whole deck as an oracle?

At any rate, this is an awesome find!

The art is sooo amazing, easy to read too, it's awesome.

Great idea about using the key card, and ignore the playing title. :heart:

I've added a pic. What do you guys think will work by swapping the 2 cards?

looking at it this way i think it just may work, the bats flying out in all direction, like mail does. could work I think.

Look attached pic. below.

I plan an using it for both, I know that the lenormand card are from 6 - K + Ace of each suit. so I can take just one deck with me when I go out. instead of two decks. How sweet is that.

It is such an awesome find. and cheap too:)

La Force

Attachments

• Deark and Lennie Key and Letter.jpg
    Deark and Lennie Key and Letter.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 288

Glass Owl

I think swapping the cards is a great idea, it works imo.

Padma

I always thought Clubs were money, and Spades were opposition... :confused: Not that I know much, I am just beginning to learn cartomancy...those cards of Stokes are beautifully drawn, btw! :) I am dithering, as I don't love dark decks...but it is kinda tempting at that price. I just bought Tony Meeuwissen's Keys to the Kingdom and hoped that would help me learn cartomancy a little better, as regular playing card decks just don't speak to me. I need pictures...

Hmmmm off to dither some more!

ETA I stopped dithering. Found them on Amazon for $3.95, so i got them....hard to argue with that price!

La Force

I always thought Clubs were money, and Spades were opposition... :confused: Not that I know much, I am just beginning to learn cartomancy...those cards of Stokes are beautifully drawn, btw! :) I am dithering, as I don't love dark decks...but it is kinda tempting at that price. I just bought Tony Meeuwissen's Keys to the Kingdom and hoped that would help me learn cartomancy a little better, as regular playing card decks just don't speak to me. I need pictures...

Hmmmm off to dither some more!

ETA I stopped dithering. Found them on Amazon for $3.95, so i got them....hard to argue with that price!

Glad you stopped dithering :)

As far as what suit is what. It's just like tarot. some will see swords fire, and wand air, which changes the meaning of the suit. My advice is when the deck arrives, sit with the deck and decide for your self, what suit is what.

the Black suits are Negative/bad
the Red suits are Positive/Good

Spades is just like the Swords suit in tarot, it's easy

Clubs is about hardships, struggles in social inactions, similar to wands, but not. more on the negative side. social inaction are like, how you get on with work, school, society, community, events. spiritually. there is oppression with this, as well as responsibilities, obligations, burdens, etc.

These suit are the positive/Good

Diamonds is your MONEY suit, just like the suit of Pentacles

Hearts is just like your suit of cups in Tarot.

Hope this helps you

La Force