The Temperlyne Tarot online

temperlyne

Ive given my hermit friend a nice place all to himself for his solitary contemplation:
www.tarotjournal.com/IX.html

I wonder which card is going to be next... I have no idea yet but i will keep you informed.

First I'm going to make my entry to Major Tom's tarot lover's-calendar-2007-cover contest. Working in black and white will be a challenge for me and I want to make a cover that speaks to most tarot lovers.. guess I'd better get working on it!

temperlyne

next stop, the chariot!

A documentary on Hokusai's 'Great wave' inspired me for my next card... The chariot!! I want my chariot to radiate movement and energy so I used the power of neptunes horses to thrust it forward. You can catch a glimps of my charioteer here; (mind you is is just a sketchat this point!)

www.tarotjournal.com/news.html

truelighth

Oh, I like it. I can't wait to see it colored. But it already has the feeling of movement in there. Great work!

temperlyne

Thank you truelighth! You're welcome to follow the proces from draft to painting and I hope you will like it.

Today I have put gesso primer on top of the drawing, thats always a difficult step for me as the initial drawing gets lost forever. I just hope I can keep the movement and energy from the drawing and use paint to take it to an intenser level.
I will meditate on the Chariot today so that I can start painting in the right mood tomorrow. I already look forward to to entering the "creation zone".

forgot to add a link: www.tarotjournal.com/news.html
open the image in a new window to see a larger version for now, I'm working on making them clickable and larger... (please have patients with a total digibete)

Chronata

The Hermit...the Hermit is just amazing!

as usual, I feel such a deep connection to your images...
and this one in particular, resonates very strongly with me right now!
(as I keep finding keys everywhere I go...a Jupiter message to unlock that Hermit's door?)

And the Chariot is such a wonderful depiction too! I really adore the sketches, and drafts...because of the tremendous energy they seem to have...
and this one has POWER too..so appropriate to the card!
Reminds me of a Rodeo :D

Love what you are doing...the process and the blog are such an awesome idea!

Sidhe-Ra

I agree, 'tis such a treat to see your process in action. The Chariot looks like it's going to be a good one! I'll keep a beady eye on your page for updates.:)

temperlyne

Thanks Sidhe-Ra en Chronata!
it means a lot comming from the two of you, I loved seeing your majors come into existence.
(btw how are the minors comming a long?)

I have added some early stages of the finished majors to the site. If you scroll down they are below the finished cards. I wanted to show how they came into existence, how they altered during the process.

I also put some color on the chariot. ( www.tarotjournal.com/chariot4.jpg ) Its funny that my childhood teachers always said I messed up my drawings when I added color. Perhaps they were right, but I just love to work with layers of color. It gives me much more freedom of expression.

Sidhe-Ra

Coo, that's a treat! It's great seeing your early sketches, and the Chariot is definitely looking sexy!

Me, I don't really have a process- somehow things pop into my head and make their way onto paper...think there's some paint involved somewhere! I'm going to start on the minors soon, but I know they're going to consume me as much as the majors when I get started, so I have a couple of other projects I've been putting off for months that I MUST get done first! I feel like I'm holding the images back with a stick! :/

Can't wait to see the finished chariot- I think it's looking fabulous already, and the energy is wonderful- very Poseidon.

temperlyne

Take all the time you need Sidhe-Ra! I know this process can demand all of me and other stuff gets pushed aside very easily.

when I start designing a card, I take months to culminate everything I know about that card, everything it means to me. Then I start thinking about what I want to have in my painting, what pose for instance. Thats when I start drawing. When the drawing is finished, my conciousness is taken over. Since I started using oils I have much more time to finish a painting. I work layer after layer, taking long pauses in between to meditate on the card. How the paint actually hits the paper, how the colos are mixed, is beyond me really. It just happens when I enter the creating "zone", its my hand that wields the brush but not my mind. In the end, the composition is mine, but of all the rest I am not so sure.

I fixed some errors in the site... I just hate all the different internet browsers, why can't they just all work the same? I found out my site looked very different from what I had in mind using Internet Explorer. There are still lots of things that need to improve and I will work on that eventually.

temperlyne

I just wanted to say that the first hint of color on the chariot is drying right now. I hope to continue soon.
In the mean time I've added some more text to my death card. (at the bottom of the page)
www.tarotjournal.com/XIII.html
I wanted to share my personal experience with ending lives as it was essential to how the card turned out. I realise my death card is not traditional, and might look a bit scary at first. But she comforts me everytime I am faced with death. I know the death card is not supposed to represent actual death when used in diviniation, but to me death is the ultimate and definite transformation.