View Single Post
Citizen

Noelle 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane
I wonder how many impulse purchases it's been responsible for! Click! At least with most purchases it can give you time to reconsider and regain some sanity and delete! Not so of all online sites....
Hi greatdane,

An impulse buy for me was the Golder Rider. I needed a new RWS deck and this was the only one they had in store at the time. (It was just a tiny arcade shop). I had never seen this deck before and I bought it on a 'one glance' look of the backs of the cards alone - stupid! But, it has turned out to be one of my best deck buys - it's the only RWS deck that works for me.

On the other hand, there are decks I have carefully thought about - taking my time to look at the cards online and read the reviews of 'others' - only to buy them and find myself disappointed. I've come to the conclusion that if I think too much about a deck, it probably isn't going to work for 'me'.

So 'impulse' purchases are not always a bad thing. On 2 occasions now I feel I was led to the decks I was meant to have - both purchased in a physical store, and neither deck falls under the 'popular banner'.

Now I know to avoid being swayed by popularity or because it's a special edition etc. (e.g. PCS Commemorative set was a bad buy for me) or what others necessarily think about a deck. Yes, it's always nice to hear what others think and feel about a deck, but I know I must choose based on what 'I feel'.
Top   #145