View Single Post
Sad Oracle

danieljuk 
Sad Oracle

This is my fave card of the whole deck, which surprised me because I normally love the Sun in a deck the most! I am not sure why but I really feel an intense personal connection with this card, I want to have it as a tshirt and mounted in a large print on the wall. I have to explore why I really feel connected and probably more than any other Star card!

Kim uploaded an alternative version of the Star on her instagram a few days ago here. It was never used in the end and reminds me a lot of the Sun card and I much prefer this Star that was used in the end.

This card had such a prominent big multi colour star in the sky, it reminds me of many songs and poems about stars...

Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are!
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky.

there is many verses of the nursery rhyme which fit this card perfectly but this verse is perfect....

Then the traveller in the dark
Thanks you for your tiny sparks;
He could not see which way to go,
If you did not twinkle so.

and other song lyrics like Starlight, Starbright, first star I see tonight

Yes this card is sparse but it offers hope! There is a little light to help you towards a goal or that things will get better. This card isn't telling you anything else but it's a star to guide you and give you peace. Sometimes you don't need all the details, you just need a bright shimming sign to work towards (or literally walk towards!). I see the little sparkling things in the background as other stars. If you are lost and need to navigate, you look to the North Star (pole star), like you said about Sailors, Sulis. The other stars don't matter to follow, this is the thing to orientate yourself out of the confusion. Perhaps even you should focus on one thing currently, one goal or one path.

I really love this card
Top   #5