Irish Fairy Cards

room

6 Haunted Days said:
each line or line dot line is labled differently....sky, thunder, water, mountain, earth, wind, fire, lake. Not sure how those labels play into it yet.

They are conventional I Ching designations, so you'd need a separate book. Depending on what trigram is over another, like wind over mountain for instance, this can be good or bad in the system.

Rather than toss coins, I usually pick a card at random. That's why we have I Ching in card format, right? Makes it easier.

Okay, so basic information given but a secondary I Ching text would be needed which is no problem for me as I have about four.

I got a kick out of the card titles and imagery and thought it might be neat to do a deeper I Ching correlation and evaluation.

This is great, thanks for replying!

Sweet Irish Angel

thanx AJ

thanx for the link just had a wee look, the cheapest deck is £22 and the other £52, gonna have a look in the local bookshops as there prob not as dear there, wonder why ppl on amazon want to charge so much???

room

Oh, 6HD--I read your review at amazon--nice to see your enthusiasm seeding the world!

6 Haunted Days

room said:
Oh, 6HD--I read your review at amazon--nice to see your enthusiasm seeding the world!

LOL Yes I am a review fanatic, well if I love something! I hope you get them, I can't stand frilly cutesy cards either, and these cards I didn't find to be in that style at all.

celticnoodle

dolphinprincess said:
I found these cards on Joan Bunning's site.. and they look really cute... yet they look like they could probably give good readings.

Does anyone have these cards?

http://www.learntarot.com/ifdesc.htm

I'd be interested in any opinions. Thank you.

dolphinprincess, i followed your link to amazon.com and if you are interested in purchasing these cards, they are available new for $5.72 + shipping costs of $3.49. not a bad cost, especially when others are selling them in used condition for much more! check it out.

room

=celticnoodlethey are available new for $5.72 + shipping costs of $3.49. not a bad cost, especially when others are selling them in used condition for much more!

That particular listing does not include the cards though. You have to be careful of that when buying from Amazon sellers or people on ABE.

There are several sets available for not too much more.

celticnoodle

oops! glad you caught that! i did not realize it. thanks room!

room

I finally got my cards from the amazon seller I ordered them from. She had listed the cards and book for $11 US and said the box was "smooshed" so I wasn't sure what to expect.

I didn't see anything wrong with the box--the cards and box still had the original cellophane on them--perfect condition. I like them.

On reading the book, I found it a bit shmaltzy, although I like the little poems. I like it when authors do poems for each card--The Flower Speaks is an oracle that does that and the Navigators Tarot of the Mystic SEA also has poetry, and I think Tarot of the Spirit does too--an extra that is nice.

Next step is to see how they correlate to the conventional I Ching.

MysticalMoose

Ohh these are so lovely! I havent seen them before but will certainly trying to locate a deck now! Thanks for posting & the review was great too!!! I shall get mooching around for some! :D MM x

6 Haunted Days

I got these cards out again a few days ago, I love them so much they never stay put away for long :)

Just looking at the gorgeous deep-hued backs, the bright cheery borders and whimsical charming images on the cards without fail puts me in a great mood. Definately a very "cheer me up" favourite deck in my collection!

Since they're OOP I was thinking of getting a back-up set. The cheapest on Amazon is $26 right now, I bet Ebay might turn up with some though.

Anyone else have these? Use them? It'd be nice to have at least one person share my love of them and the book!

A very overlooked and underated oracle :)