the phantomwise tarot - deck in progress

alizarin

It took awhile, but I just added the Chariot. I'd intended to do it more Rider Waite-influenced (I thought the sphinxes would blend in well,) but it had a mind of its own and went in a rather different direction. Very pleased with how it came out, though.

Entire gallery is here.

Pincho Paxton

Nice cards.. They work for me. I could read them, and that's not always the case with some styles.

LixiPixi

alizarin said:
It took awhile, but I just added the Chariot. I'd intended to do it more Rider Waite-influenced (I thought the sphinxes would blend in well,) but it had a mind of its own and went in a rather different direction. Very pleased with how it came out, though.

Entire gallery is here.

Beautiful, just beautiful! I'm very excited about this deck :party:

LP~

truelighth

I only just found this thread, but wow, your deck is beautiful. I will definately be watching it. I love black&white decks. Keep up the great work!

alizarin

I took a little bit of a break from working on the deck, but I managed to finish both Strength and The Hermit this week.

I'd actually had the design for Strength for awhile, but was having some difficulty translating it into painting form. Once the tiger decided it would really rather be a snow leopard it was fairly easy to finish.

Entire gallery is here.

And again, thank you all for your comments! They're definitely helpful in keeping me motivated.

temperlyne

they're both amazing! The panther is super cute and the hermit is a fine example of your strong combination of east and west. It is a very silent and serene card, makes me want to whisper when I look at it.
I usually love color, but your images do not need it at all.
Keep them coming!

Chronata

I adore the new cards. The Chariot may be my new favorite!

Actually, the Phantomwise is very quickly becoming my favorite new tarot still in the creation stage!

It is marvellous.

LixiPixi

I am so excited to see two more added. The Strength card is just fantastic :D And as temperlyn said - the Hermit just makes me want to whisper. Its a very serene and wise looking image. Thank you so much for continuing with this amazing project!

LP~

Pumpkin

Wow, these are gorgeous. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. :D

Sidhe-Ra

These are lovely- very striking and original, and so expressive, for black and white! :)

Blessings,

Em xx