Can Tarot really foretell the Future ?

Richard

Neither the present nor the future is completely knowable: Schroedinger's Cat. I am inclined to go with a multiverse theory: All possible futures exist, but we cannot necessarily know which one we are going to experience. If you don't understand how this can be, don't fret; nobody else does either.

Miss Divine

Yes Tarot can accurately foretell the future! It's done so 2 years in advance too. But the future isn't always set in stone so futures can change.

Nikita_

Because it DOESNT predict the future!

You have it in your head that it DOES .... yet you see it sometimes doesnt ... so you are looking at ... or trying to understand why it dosent work at times as that goes against your belief system and you want me to explain something to you that doesnt exist .

The better question is ; why does it seem to us that sometimes tarot CAN predict the future?

Then you might get somewhere with it ... but a lot of people here dont want to think that way about it so .... <shrug>

OK, so why does it seem to us that sometimes it does predict the future ? I' m open to all theories, I havo no interest in clinging to the idea that tarot Always has to predict the future, if it's not true...

Nikita_

Neither the present nor the future is completely knowable: Schroedinger's Cat. I am inclined to go with a multiverse theory: All possible futures exist, but we cannot necessarily know which one we are going to experience. If you don't understand how this can be, don't fret; nobody else does either.

You're probably right...

Nikita_

Did you asked the cards that q?

No, I didn't, though I have a feeling it would be a bit like asking a dumb person why he can't talk...

Sar

No, I didn't, though I have a feeling it would be a bit like asking a dumb person why he can't talk...

I think the cards will surprise you. :D

Zephyros

I see it in the same way I see a weather report. The weatherman tells of trends in the weather. He tells people if it will be cloudy, if there is a chance of rain, if it'll be sunny, etc. He can't tell me whether I'll be hot or cold, or if I'll be trapped under the rain. The only thing I can do is to identify those trends (i.e., look out the window at the sky) and try to prepare myself as best I can. Usually I do well, and take a sweater when it's chilly, but sometimes I fall flat on my face and get soaking wet.

Even if I invoke all my powers of analyzing the cards according to esoteric means, even if I can accurately trace the cause and effect of a situation, there are always things beyond my control. As it should be.

(I remember writing something similar at one time, have I already posted in this thread and forgot? Am I becoming senile?)

Nikita_

I see it in the same way I see a weather report. The weatherman tells of trends in the weather. He tells people if it will be cloudy, if there is a chance of rain, if it'll be sunny, etc. He can't tell me whether I'll be hot or cold, or if I'll be trapped under the rain. The only thing I can do is to identify those trends (i.e., look out the window at the sky) and try to prepare myself as best I can. Usually I do well, and take a sweater when it's chilly, but sometimes I fall flat on my face and get soaking wet.

Even if I invoke all my powers of analyzing the cards according to esoteric means, even if I can accurately trace the cause and effect of a situation, there are always things beyond my control. As it should be.

(I remember writing something similar at one time, have I already posted in this thread and forgot? Am I becoming senile?)

I suppose that's a reasonable way of looking at it....and I'll have to adjust to that new way of thinking...

PS If you've written this before in this thread, I can't remember...that makes 2 of us becoming senile, I guess....

PS