The shadowscapes Tarot

Kloeyy

I am searching high and low for a really good new deck. I am eyeballing the newly released Shadowscapes Tarot. See it here: http://www.llewellyn.com/product_browse_inside.php?ean=9780738715797#browse_inside

I need a deck that offers a storyline to the card. I am a very visual reader, I can see into the card and relate it to the actual experience the client had or is about to have. But I can only get this type of vision with really detailed cards.
The two other decks I have been looking at are actually Oracle cards, not sure I really need an Oracle deck. I just need a really good Tarot deck.

I have the Celestrial Tarot that I have been using for about 3 years. I learned to read the Tarot with Alexster Crowly's Thoth deck. I was good at reading with it but I could pick up his dislike for the female everytime a Cup card came up, and it interrupts my flow while reading. So, I switched to the Mythic tarot. After so many years of using them, they just fell apart. So, that brings you to present day. Let me know what you think and I am open to suggestions for a great deck.

Inkscape

One of the things that kept me from tarot for a long time was being able to find "The Deck" (tm). Once Shadowscapes came out, I knew it was the one =) The art style is nice and smooth. The cards, as a whole, are soft, subtle... yet vibrant in color choice, and vivid in imagery and symbolism.

As with all tarot cards, you draw on what you know. The more you know...

For instance, the High Priestess holds a half-eaten pomegranate in her left hand. Pomegranates were in the running for the forbidden fruit of the Tree of Knowledge. They're also the fruit of Hades and tied closely with Persephone. Not to mention, the fruit is a powerful anti-oxidant in and of itself.

The deck is very detailed -- some cards more than others. If you want to see ALL of the cards for yourself, check out Stephanie's homepage and see if the deck is right for you.

Best,

- Ink

Svengaard

Mystic Faerie shows a different story through each suit. If you're into faeries that's a great way to go.

Briar Rose

You wrote you want a deck that tells a story line-

How about looking at this one;
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/pagan-tarot/

You will definitely see a story line right away. This deck depicts everyday life (well, very few cards have pagan themes). You'll understand the meanings of the cards quickly. It makes an excellent reading deck for everyday.

Signet

I just purchased Shadowscapes Tarot yesterday, after waiting for it to come out. I love Stephanie's art and enjoyed looking at her web site! =)

tarotlaura

I was in Barnes and Nobel Saturday evening and I saw that they had the deck. I almost bought it. I'm sort of wavering.

Kloeyy

I think if I get a Faerie deck i am totally getting Jessica's deck.
http://www.llewellyn.com/product_publicity_reviews.php?ean=9780738714103
She really captures my thoughts of what the fae look like.

The pagan deck looks interesting though...

Signet how do you like your new deck? have you used them yet?

Inkscape said:
One of the things that kept me from tarot for a long time was being able to find "The Deck" (tm). Once Shadowscapes came out, I knew it was the one =) The art style is nice and smooth. The cards, as a whole, are soft, subtle... yet vibrant in color choice, and vivid in imagery and symbolism.

As with all tarot cards, you draw on what you know. The more you know...

For instance, the High Priestess holds a half-eaten pomegranate in her left hand. Pomegranates were in the running for the forbidden fruit of the Tree of Knowledge. They're also the fruit of Hades and tied closely with Persephone. Not to mention, the fruit is a powerful anti-oxidant in and of itself.

The deck is very detailed -- some cards more than others. If you want to see ALL of the cards for yourself, check out Stephanie's homepage and see if the deck is right for you.

Best,

- Ink

JSNYC

Kloeyy said:
I need a deck that offers a storyline to the card. I am a very visual reader, I can see into the card and relate it to the actual experience the client had or is about to have.
If you are looking for a "story", like presented in the Mythic Tarot, the Shadowscapes doesn't really provide that. However, there is certainly a story to this deck, Stephanie's personal story and vision of the Tarot! The book that comes with this deck is simply exquisite as well, and relates that story wonderfully! However, if you are looking for a deck that directly references fairy tales, myths, etc., in story form, throughout the cards, you won't find that in the Shadowscapes. (Although those things are often referenced in individual cards.) In spite of that, because you mentioned being a visual reader, I believe you will find a lot in this deck! I think this deck is very visual, intuitive, deep, and beautiful! This deck connects very well with our stories!

In its genre, I think the Shadowscapes is the absolute best! But I am bias because I love this deck. ;)

Kloeyy

Oh thank you JSNYC, thats what i was hoping to hear. I have the mythic tarot and I am looking for something more. This sounds like it could really "open doors" for me in readings.