the urnash tarot

rwcarter

Interesting card. Not sure how I'd interpret that one if it came up in a reading.... But then I say the same with many of the cards in the decks I use for the RED (Reading with Erotic Decks) Exchange, and somehow I manage to interpret them.

Rodney

Cat*

Egypt Urnash said:
Very sexy!

And so much to discover beyond that first impression (for example about binaries and how they don't exist, except sometimes, or maybe not). :)

Since I first saw the deck, I went back and forth over the degree of my need for this deck. Of course I need as many decks with non-binary gendered characters as I can get! And this is pretty and smart, too. So how could I resist this? ;)

Cassandra022

hum...so has anyone heard anything about the status of this deck/whether it is still going to be published in 2011?

Gerbear

Since it's in the 2011 Lo Scarabeo catalog. it seems that it will be published this year.

Egypt Urnash

It is perilously close to going to press! I've sent all the card images to LS along with the book; I need to regenerate two mislabeled cards and do some editing because I went rather over the target word-count for the book. I would've probably done that this past week, in fact, but for drawing and dancing my ass off down in San Francisco at a con.

So if all goes well, in a week or two plus a slow boat from China, it should finally be available for purchase! And I will be absolutely delighted to have it done...

Cassandra022

how exciting! it's an amazing looking deck, can't wait to be able to get one :]

Egypt Urnash

We're getting reeeeeal close to going to print on this deck!

One of the things I've put off until the end is spreads. It would be awesome to have something a little more on-theme than the good ol' Celtic Cross; if anyone here has a neat sci-fi/tech/future kind of layout, I'd love to see it! You'll get credit in the book if I use it, of course.

Cat*

It's not my own creation, but I've used it several times and really liked it: HarleyQuinn's Computer Spread.

Egypt Urnash

The deck is off to the printers! We ended up not having any room for spreads in the book. It'll be coming out for the Christmas season internationally from Lo Scarabeo with US distribution by Llewellyn; get it from them directly or ask your favorite occult store/book store/comic shop to get one for you.

Also, I'm raffling off a very rare art commission for Japanese disaster relief - $5 for a chance at a Serious Piece from me. Details are on my LJ.

Eyebright

Great News, guess this will be going on my christmas list!