The Clow

Emeraldarchsage

So i'm pretty new at the tarot in general (I don't necessarily do readings that often) but I am very familiar with what the tarot is and the general meanings of the arcana. I am currently trying to connect the major and minor arcana to the Clow cards (from the anime Card captors) but am having trouble since, first of all there are only 52 Clow cards, and their names are hard to match up with the arcana. If anyone has any suggestions or even ideas on how to use the Clow for tarot purposes I would greatly appreciate it.

cardlady22

Just looking at the numbers, 52 cards could cover the 22 Majors, 7 cards per Minor suit, and leave 2. Maybe the Light and the Dark?

dangerdork did some interesting things that might help you turn the 14 into 7:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=1188144&postcount=27

There are threads in the Oracles section where people have related them to playing cards.

Alta

Just wondering, you posted in Tarot Deck Creation. Does that mean that you wish to create a deck that uses Tarot and Clow? Otherwise I can move the thread to Oracle Decks. I believe that the Clow crads are occasionally discussed there.

Emeraldarchsage

cardlady22 - Thank you for the advice and the link! I read through it and it seems to have some helpful information! :)

Alta - What I really want to do is to use the clow in as close a way to the tarot as I can (if possible that is) since what information I found on tarot and divination didn't seem to work for me... If you think moving this thread might help then by all means please do :D Like I said in my earlier post I'm newer to the tarot and thought that what I might need would be in the Tarot deck creation.

Emeraldarchsage

I think you hit the nail on the head for me... :D Thank you so much for that link! I really think it will help a lot!

Alta

Great, thanks cardlady22! and Emeraldarchsage I am moving this to Oracle Decks.

Alta

gregory

You may also like to PM Lillie, who did a lot of work on these a while back and as I recall put together some good information on her own way of using them, which I am sure she would share.