Diary of a Broken Soul

Which layout would you prefer in a tarot deck?

• Traditional Tarot Titles for Majors and Pips

Votes: 23 92.0%
  • Numbered Majors with Playing card numbering for the Pips

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sacredashes

MoonGypsy said:
Another vote for Borderless, Sweet Ash...no notches. [i DO trim, but not this one--far too risky!] :love: Oh, and PLEASE--Tarot deck, not poker deck. :D

Hugs and Blessings,
MoonGypsyxxx

P.S. i know i am opinionated. i'm old and have earned the right! [well not THAT old]...but still.. :p Old enough...:laugh:

MoonGypsy... you most definately have earned the right... you're a member of the High Council too.

Hugs... :*

LotusSong

sacredashes said:
:D you know... I use that spread very often myself. Sometimes I break my own reading ethics when I go get a free Diary reading and ask about someone else... and the rascals do tell ALL!!!! Apparently, they'll break the rules if I break them :p

They love telling me all about school, especially the outcome of exams.... ;x After asking about almost every exam I took last semester, I've learned that the Three of Diamonds is a Very Good Thing.

(I voted for keeping the playing card numbering, because to me that IS the official titles. I get as upset when people call the Jacks "Knights" as I do when people call the Thoth Knights "Kings"....)

shadowdancer

I am sorry am late to the party... we got the keys to our new house less than 48 hours ago so have been doing shuttle runs with boxes ahead of the big removal tomorrow.

Ash, I think you should follow your instinct on this and do what feels right. You were a breath of fresh air with the LE deck and you know my thoughts on that from previous postings. I will be getting back to daily draws soon and have no doubt the Diary will want to be the main one again. With regards the next edition I have liked the sepia tinge you have applied to a lot of the Prophets cards. It works really well. I would like to keep it as a deck I could read with though... RPG are something I struggle with on the PSP let alone a board game type approach...lol

Good luck with what you do decide to go with - you know I am with you all the way.

Davina

truelighth

I just voted for the traditional titles. I would prefer that more, but I would go with the playing card numbering as well. That is how much I love this deck. Borderless sounds lovely, but with titles please :D.

I am not sure about the sepia tone. I think it works wonderful for the Prophets, but the Dairy somehow seems different to me and I personally think the black&white works for it. I just love that deck! So if you do print a second edition, I probably get another one, even though I already got the LE edition. Maybe slightly smaller cards that are easier to handle would be nice. But not too small, your artwork needs to be seen and admired :D.

gregory

Traditional titles please - but - UNNUMBERED majors, to keep everyone happy about that 8/11 thing !

Artistically - I trust you to do the best thing there.... :)

Annabelle

Another vote here for traditional titles.

As for size, borders, etc. I have no particular preference :).

callistoluna

Why can it not function for both a tarot deck and RP? I think the Diary has the ability to be used for both.

sacredashes

I do see that possibility with The Diary too.. which was why I have been thinking quite a bit about turning it into something else.

Found a print on demand printer and it will be awesome to get The Diary out at a lower cost; question is... which direction I will be taking as the layout for 80 cards are quite daunting even if I'm not drawing it again... I would like to tweak it a little with digital effects.

That is something I just discovered too so its like YAY!! :D

I'm just not ready or able to go both ways; tarot and RPG due to time constraint. I have a job which pays the bills and finally managed to land an apprenticeship with a tattoo artist after 10 years of searching (ALWAYS wanted to be a tattoo artist).

So far, I get the feeling the general feel of preference is towards the traditional titles; which would give The Diary a more conservative tone down from its earlier deviation... the votes will be open for 2 weeks.

Good thing is, the feedback so far has been supported by personal reasons which helps me see things from your perspective; not just mine ;)

:heart:

sacredashes

OOoohhh... forgot to add..

I also like the idea of sticking to numeric Majors.

gregory said:
Traditional titles please - but - UNNUMBERED majors, to keep everyone happy about that 8/11 thing !

Artistically - I trust you to do the best thing there.... :)

Good call, that one :thumbsup:

:heart:

callistoluna

You have such a fan base here, maybe it would be best to do something more along the lines of the traditional tarot deck and then later on adapt it for a role playing game - you don't have to listen to me - just throwing ideas into the air:)