DECK OF THE MONTH - JUNE 2013 sign up thread

Aeric

Yes the Vetrate is quite different from most decks I've worked with. It has no divinatory keywords or interpretations, or spreads. Instead Scapini only explains how he incorporated the symbols of Kabbalah energy into the colours and shapes of the designs he chose. He was less concerned with using the Tarot as a divination tool than expressing the esoteric symbolism in a unique art form.

The Ace of Wands, for example, is the cloud hand grasping a club that points straight down to the earth, instead of up as the others do. It represents the IOD active force, which Scapini believes comes in its purest form from Heaven, not from humans on Earth. That's all the explanation he gives for the card.

So this deck will read very differently than most I've known, as much of it is up to me to relate to readings, combined with the Kabbalah summaries. It will be interesting. Maybe it will be more a journey of self-exploration rather than a deck for guidance.

BTW the Ancient Italian is one of my three familiar go-to decks, so I can also help if you pick it. I lost the LWB long ago and have been using it as my main deck to practice Marseille readings.

conurelover

I still can't decide if I am doing the AIT or Minchiate. I took the Minchie out and played with it. I am loving all the virtues and elements.

But I still love the AIT and can't get enough of it.

merissa_88

I'm looking forward to my first DOTM, using the Tarot of the Four Elements. :)

Mi-Shell

I still can't decide if I am doing the AIT or Minchiate. I took the Minchie out and played with it. I am loving all the virtues and elements.

But I still love the AIT and can't get enough of it.
Why don't you use both?

I can not even shuffle the cards of my deck - because the way they are = HUUUUUGE, cardboardy material and none rounded corners and because they have only numbers - from 1 to 78 -so as of now, I would not even know, what I am loooooking at. Because I speal no Italian and this all is new to me and all the Minors are cards featuring the Celtic Tree alphabet I will have to use the Celtic Tree Oracle Book to even try and make sense of them....

conurelover

Why don't you use both?

I can not even shuffle the cards of my deck - because the way they are = HUUUUUGE, cardboardy material and none rounded corners and because they have only numbers - from 1 to 78 -so as of now, I would not even know, what I am loooooking at. Because I speal no Italian and this all is new to me and all the Minors are cards featuring the Celtic Tree alphabet I will have to use the Celtic Tree Oracle Book to even try and make sense of them....

PM me if you need help with some Italian :)

Great idea to do both decks! I will be using Paul Huson's book for both decks anyway so why not!

Kathy please put me down for Ancient Italian and Minchiate.

Mi-Shell

Well, yesterday was all about a new Tipi needing to be inaugurated and leading a Blessing Ceremony
http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=3576668&postcount=220
I hope you can see the pictures...
Today was almost all brooding over my deck. So much so, that even my husband got in on the action, comparing cards and identifying commonalities among certain ones...
And Yes, conurelover, your day will come1 But i will first have to find out, where your offer can be of the outmost help to me :)

Aeric

Gosh, I LOVE the Vetrate!

I think the only downside of the entire deck is that it's not laminated! Like the Soprafino, I have to take extra special care of it since the cards slip and slide everywhere. I can't beat this deck to pieces like I do my two other favourites, the Gay and Ancient Italian. Perhaps the theme in itself, stained glass, is an indication of how I delicately I have to treat it.

Margo9023

Mystic Dreamer Tarot Deck

I would like to join in on this group if I could? I bought the Mystic Dreamer Tarot as my first Tarot deck because I just love the pictures/artwork. They just had a good feel when I would look at them. I also just recently bought The Universal Rider Waite Tarot.

Juliana

So I completely fell off the face of the earth with the May thread. I'm just strapped for time it seems. So I think I will wait out this month and hopefully join you all again in July. But I wanted to say thank you so much for the group and all your contributions! They are fabulous! See you in 30 days or so. :D