10 swords as something you shoul STOP doing

eagle star

I tend to get it as a "stop overreacting" card or a "quit being melodramatic" card in personal readings. It's usually accurate. :)

Me toooooo...that was my first guess :)

Thanks jolie

nisaba

It can be either "stop feeling sorry for yourself" or "stop victimising others", depending on whether you see yourself in the card or see yourself as potentially causing the card in others.

eagle star

It can be either "stop feeling sorry for yourself" or "stop victimising others", depending on whether you see yourself in the card or see yourself as potentially causing the card in others.
I
Hi Nisaba,

Hummmm...I kind of see me doing it to myself I'm affraid...I sometimes exagerate things, and see things a bit darker then they are in fact, or tend to see them as black and white and sometimes that leads to me ending things that I regreat after. I have to STOP doing that...
Everything you all said fits perfectly.
thanks to all for the help!

Krix

I get this card sometimes as a reminder to stop obsessing about the question or situation. Almost like, "stop beating the dead horse" lol.

eagle star

I get this card sometimes as a reminder to stop obsessing about the question or situation. Almost like, "stop beating the dead horse" lol.

Stop beating the dead horse...
It also makes a lot of sense...since the question was about an old issue that I keep "insisting" on, and in this spread the card representing the situation was 7 wands (to defend one's position) and the quint of the all spread was in fact the death card :eek: wow!
The "first step card" was the knight of wands...so maybe I need a "new horse"?? :D ahah

Thank you so much kris for this insight!
Very good :)

AnemoneRosie

Stop making yourself out to be the victim; you're not the victim here and assuming the role of such is inappropriate.
It's entirely possible that someone else was far more hurt, or is suffering far greatly, than you are. So stop taking on their pain as you're sucking resources that could be used to help them.

eagle star

Stop making yourself out to be the victim; you're not the victim here and assuming the role of such is inappropriate.
It's entirely possible that someone else was far more hurt, or is suffering far greatly, than you are. So stop taking on their pain as you're sucking resources that could be used to help them.

In these particular situation the hurt was more self-injured..I didn't hurt anyone, I got hurted...mainly because things did not turn the way I wanted or expected. I don't think that the other part is suffering at all.
Stop victimizing fits perfectly, as you simply decide to stop the suffering (victimizing) and move on...
Thanks anemone :)

Frater Benedict

It depends in which spread the card occur. If it turns up in a one-card-spread about self-knowledge done almost every day, the level of warning will be less severe, than if the card turns up in Ettilla's Great Figure done once in a lifetime, in an attempt to foresee your entire life span. Catastrophes do not normally occur daily for everyone.

My spontaneous general interpretation, under the condition that the spread is an everyday spread, is that you ought to check the conditions of the water mains and pipes in your bathroom or your kitchen, and assure yourself that your basement is protected against flooding. Is the central heating based on circulation of hot water? Maintenance? Do you leave moist towels on the floor in a way that irritates family members? How's your insurance against damp damages? Are the tiles on the roof ready for autumnal rains? Do you dress appropriately for a rainy day, or will your clothes be damaged expensively if soaked? Have you evaluated your (or a family member's) drinking habits in an honest way? Do you know how to swim? Do you have a habit of neglecting the use of a life jacket when you go fishing? I suppose you see the pattern in this general theme, and will know best how to continue this trail of thought better suited for your personal circumstances than the general associations mentioned above.

Grizabella

It could also mean maybe you tend to talk behind people's backs? Not that I think you do, but just trying to suggest a new idea of the card's meaning. :) You might see this sometime for someone else and that meaning might apply.