Basic meanings of sibilla cards - site or book

Aristaeus

Could someone point me towards a site that lists the main meanings of the cards in sibilla decks? (I don't think this is relevant, but I'm specifically interested in I misteri della sibilla by Dal Negro.)

Is there maybe a book dedicated to these cards?

I'm interested much, much more in the down-to-earth meanings than in some philosophical musings.

Le Fanu

O SO glad you asked this. There is a wonderful sibilla in an antiquarian bookshop near my house. But without instructions. It´s really quite cheap and it´s a Universe which I suspect is fascinating.

What had always put me off the sibillas are those meanings which don´t really have any place in 21st Century life; like "shame", "woe", " a pawnbroker" or whatever...

Never seems quite so relevant as Lenormand somehow...

AJ

while we're at it, what is the real difference between a sibilla and a lenormand? It's probably quite obvious but I only got a lenormad from Lark a few days ago and don't have an sibillas.

thanks..

BodhiSeed

AJ said:
while we're at it, what is the real difference between a sibilla and a lenormand? It's probably quite obvious but I only got a lenormad from Lark a few days ago and don't have an sibillas.

thanks..
Like the tarot, the Sibillas and Lenormands have a set number of specific cards. Sibillas generally have 52 (and are associated with playing cards) and Lenormands generally have 36.

Gavriela

It's also fairly common to use reversals with sibillas, while you don't with Lenormand. And frustratingly, not all sibillas follow the same pattern with meanings.

Do you know enough Italian to be able to translate the names on the cards at least? I used to have I Misteri but traded it. Very pretty and impressionist, but for reading I prefer a more traditional sibilla. Not that the I Misteri won't work - it's down to preference.

Aristaeus

Gavriela said:
Do you know enough Italian to be able to translate the names on the cards at least? I used to have I Misteri but traded it. Very pretty and impressionist, but for reading I prefer a more traditional sibilla. Not that the I Misteri won't work - it's down to preference.

I will translate them for you gladly!!

Aristaeus

bodhran said:

Thank you! This will do for starters! Bodhran, do you have the intetion on maybe expanding the definitions one by one?

Here are the translations:

Il seme di cuori/fiori (Hearts):

Conversazione: Conversation, talk
Casa: House, home
Belvedere: a beautiful sight
Amore: Love
Allegria: Joy
Denaro: Money
Artista: Artist
Speranza: Hope
Fedeltà: Fidelity, faithfulness
Costanza: Endurance, constance, persistence
L'Amante: The Lover
L'Amatrice: The Lover (female)
Gran Signore: Gentleman

Il seme di quadri/denari (Diamonds):

Stanza: Room
Lettera: Letter
Donna di servizio: Servant girl
Falsità: Falseness, falsehood, lies
Malinconia: Melancholy
Pensiero: Thought
Bambino: Child
Omaggio di preziosi: Precious gifts
I Deliranti: Delirious people,
Ladro: Thief
Messaggiero: Messenger
Donna maritata: Married woman
Mercante: Merchant

Tomorrow the rest!

BodhiSeed

Aristaeus said:
Thank you! This will do for starters! Bodhran, do you have the intetion on maybe expanding the definitions one by one?
I usually expand the meanings when I'm actually doing a reading (but that varies for each reading), but I'd be glad for you to have a go at it!:D