The Book of the Law Study Group 3.3

Grigori

Aeon418 said:
You! You! YOU! :thumbsup:

Does that help you understand it any better, Grigori?

I understand what you're saying, I guess just trying to articulate what I'm thinking. Talking out loud helps me process. It may not even be "vengeance" that I'm uncomfortable with, but more the association I have between that and someone sitting around enmeshed in left over hurt feelings from something long past. Plotting the destruction of "someone who swiped $100 off you 10 years ago" seems like a waste of time and very unthelemic, and it's that kind of situation that the word triggers for me. Punching someone whose hand you just discovered sneaky a $50 out your back pocket is much more comfortable. So maybe timing is my issue. Though maybe I'd be happy to clober someone 10 years down the track, so long as I don't spend the 10 years before that fantasizing about it.

Thinking now though I am reminded of a RHK style arse kicking I suffered through a few years back when I was very deluded on off track with myself. At the time I blamed Pluto as it was a major and fairly catastrophic transit I was going through, interesting I now look back on that time with happy memories (and only a few minor scars). Perspective is a funny thing :)

ravenest said:
Of course, if they are way off, that might lead others astray, but those sort of posters are usually hunted down ... with a vengence :laugh:

Opinions and actions expressed by poster Ravenest are his own, and not necessarily endorsed or approved by the administration of this forum. Also, please try not to hunt down too many people as we are a select crowd already ;)

:laugh: I appreciate the perspective, thanks R. Repetition is good too, from time to time I've been going back and reading through our threads from the start and usually find many connections I missed the first time. Next read through I might bump some of the older threads with ideas.

ravenest

ravenest said:
But a warrior must understand the strategy of war, both in war as part of a unit and individual combat. A 'war' with the self (the 'lower') self still needs a strategy of 'war' ... or you are just blindly fighting with yourself.

And the next day my daily readings from The Dalia Lama opens here:

" Trying to avoid our problems or simply not thinking about them may provide temporary relief, but I think there is a better approach. If you directly confront your suffering you will be in a better position to appreciate the depth and nature of the problem.
If you are in a battle, as long as you remain ignorant of the status and combat capabiltiy of your enemy, you will be totally unprepared and paralysed by fear. But if you know the fighting capability of your opponents, what sort of weapons they have and so on then you are in a much better position when you engage in war."

I hope its obvious what the D.L. is refereing to here. This is an example, IMO of someone offering advice that helps understand the metaphor with out reference to the HGA, although it might be what the HGA is trying to communicate.

I wonder if anyone can understand this?

Grigori

ravenest said:
I wonder if anyone can understand this?

Muddying your waters a bit, sorry R, but I was reading Leitch last night and his ideas about Moses fighting off God's angel. His presentation (at this part at least) was that someone of a high level of attainment such as a biblical holy man who speak wit deity is in a position to fight off an angel, while the rest of us must suffer, too weak to defend ourselves against an angels wrath.

Maybe when you're on the right path RHK is still not a nice guy, he's just too afraid of you to make a fuss ;)

Aeon418

Grigori said:
Maybe when you're on the right path RHK is still not a nice guy, he's just too afraid of you to make a fuss ;)
When your on it he's the "strength, force, vigour, of your arms". (III:17) Go with the flow and he's with you all the way. Obstruct the flow and things get a bit more difficult. It's a bit like floating downstream with the current, or trying to wade up it.

But this is part of the process. When you start to make a connection with the Light you, for want of a better word, are being charged. But it doesn't pick and choose between your best qualities. Everything gets zapped. Those un-balanced aspects of yourself that resist the natural flow of LVX are called the Qlipphoth. }) They are your own private Adversary (Satan in the Old Testament sense. The Angel of the Lord sent to test the faithful ;)).
All through the outer Order work you get to wrestle with your Angel in the form of the Adversary, while you try to overcome your own Qlipphotic tendencies.

The story of Jacob wrestling the Angel gives you the key.
Genesis 32:26 Then the angel said, "Let me go; it's almost dawn." But Jacob answered, "I won't let you go until you bless me."

Aeon418

ravenest said:
Yes and I am using a mundane outer analogy to describe an internal process. IF you progress on this path dont expect to be let off with a smack on the wrist and continue.
The trouble is your analogy doesn't fit. You seem to be under the impression that Karma is punishment. It's not. It is merely cause and effect. If you stray from your course and try to move in a direction contrary to the Will you meet with resistance. It's purpose is guidance, not punishment. If you want a mundane analogy, try walking through a brick wall. (Please video it and post it on Youtube. ;))

Here's one thing that I found disturbing about your analogy. Earlier in the thread you said:
ravenest said:
But its not a common thing that is openly accepted in our society. If you do wrong and say 'stuff the law!" and escape punishment, you might get hunted down and caught and punished. Nowadays, well, in the society I live in you will get a smack on the wrist, often for severe crimes. And thats one reason why the society is the way it is.
OK. So our society is f*cked up the way it is because we don't punish people enough and the punishments don't fit the crimes. We must have been living in a Golden Age back in the day when life really did mean Life. Floggings, hangings, public executions. Oh joy! Wasn't society so much better back then? :rolleyes:

Talk about putting a bandaid on a festering wound that hasn't even been cleaned out. Sorry dude, but your analogy is typical of the tripe spouted by politicians. It's like a doctor who treats surface symptoms, but doesn't bother to look for an underlying cause of an illness. Criminal tendencies don't f*ck up society. They are symptoms of a society that is already f*cked up.

You can punish the "surface symptoms" all you like. We've been doing it for centuries and nothing has changed. Mean while the real dis-ease goes untreated.

by zero

I tend to think of War and Vengeance rather in general or completely individual terms,
but of course we Germans had our self-righteous war euphoria in World War II,
ending in firestorms and the like in German cities.

What made the people follow this flavour of a policy of strength?

Following this line of thought lead me to another question:
What happens to the True Will in a perfect totalitarian state like e.g. pictured in Orwell's 1984
or the forced interconnection of former individuals to a hive-mind as in the Borg Collective?

ravenest

Aeon418 said:
The trouble is your analogy doesn't fit. You seem to be under the impression that Karma is punishment. It's not. It is merely cause and effect. If you stray from your course and try to move in a direction contrary to the Will you meet with resistance. It's purpose is guidance, not punishment. If you want a mundane analogy, try walking through a brick wall. (Please video it and post it on Youtube. ;))

Here's one thing that I found disturbing about your analogy. Earlier in the thread you said:

OK. So our society is f*cked up the way it is because we don't punish people enough and the punishments don't fit the crimes. We must have been living in a Golden Age back in the day when life really did mean Life. Floggings, hangings, public executions. Oh joy! Wasn't society so much better back then? :rolleyes:

Talk about putting a bandaid on a festering wound that hasn't even been cleaned out. Sorry dude, but your analogy is typical of the tripe spouted by politicians. It's like a doctor who treats surface symptoms, but doesn't bother to look for an underlying cause of an illness. Criminal tendencies don't f*ck up society. They are symptoms of a society that is already f*cked up.

You can punish the "surface symptoms" all you like. We've been doing it for centuries and nothing has changed. Mean while the real dis-ease goes untreated.

Another 'great miss'.