Hexen 2.0 tarot---by Susanne Treister

Marseilles Marie

Has any one any information on this deck?

Anyone have a copy and know about its back story?

gregory

What do you want to know ? It is a VERY strange deck which is about to come back into print. It's quite hard to use as tarot, and you really need the book. As a social statement it is interesting, though.

There are some cards from it shown here: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/hexen/

Here's her page:

http://www.suzannetreister.net/HEXEN2/HEXEN_2_Temp.html

and a very interesting short article in the New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/01/arts/design/suzanne-treister-hexen-2-0.html?_r=0

Marseilles Marie

Helen 2.0 Response

gregory:

Essentially, as this deck is the strangest deck that I have had the pleasure to view.

Is it usable as a Tarot? Or is it simply an exercise in the author's expression?

Curious.

Thank you very much.

gregory

That's a tough one.

I do not use generic meanings when I read. I HAVE used it as tarot - and I use what I see on the card. But as most of what is there is WORDS, it makes for a strange reading.

I think it is more than an exercise in expression - but I think the creator could profitably have done it differently if she wanted it to work as most of us would understand tarot. But I do find it quite riveting.

Cocobird55

I have this deck, and enjoy looking through it. I always pick up on something I never noticed before. Never tried to do a reading with it.

Le Fanu

Just seen that this is now in stock at the Book Depository - for those who are interested in the new edition. It has a release date of June 2017 but I see "add to basket" with my own fair eyes!

(says "paperback" but 78 pages, which is a bit of a giveaway)

I could never make head nor tail of this deck - and way too lethargic to try - but thought I'd give a heads up...

DarkYarns

Just seen that this is now in stock at the Book Depository - for those who are interested in the new edition. It has a release date of June 2017 but I see "add to basket" with my own fair eyes!

(says "paperback" but 78 pages, which is a bit of a giveaway)

I could never make head nor tail of this deck - and way too lethargic to try - but thought I'd give a heads up...

I'd love to know if anyone succeeds in ordering this from Book Depository. They say it's available, but the publication date in June 2017. I pre-ordered the deck from Amazon in July, 2015. I finally cancelled that pre-order because Barnes and Noble shows it as being in stock,
but my order from them hasn't been shipped either.

I'm not sure this deck will ever be reprinted.

delinfrey

Absolutely adore this deck... one of the best decks I own, highly recommended!

Even if you don't want to read with it, the learning opportunity it offers is immense.

CharlotteK

Absolutely adore this deck... one of the best decks I own, highly recommended!

Even if you don't want to read with it, the learning opportunity it offers is immense.
Aaargh you are re-enabling me. Lol! šŸ˜

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk