TOADies Anonymous.

earthair

[Tarot Over-Acquisition Disorder] Right that's it. I am absolutely positively going to stop buying decks for a while. I have a tax bill to pay.

Calling all other TOADies who want to stay 'sober' for a while. With this thread we can support each other and stop each other from buying any new decks? See who can resist the longest? :joke:

3ill.yazi

Well, I think I've managed to max myself out for a while. My interest in decks is fairly specific to historical ones, and I've run out of ones available in the affordable range for me.

And I think I'm done with the others as the last one I got didn't speak to me.

And at some point you want to just learn and use them. Right?

Barleywine

I've been pretty good about it (wife keeps threatening to give me "being hit on the head" lessons). I think I only bought one deck earlier this year. Those Lenormand and Kipper decks keep giving me the "come hither" look, though. I recently caved and bought Edmund's Pixie. But, well, they are cheaper. Does that count as abstinence?

Padma

I'm on board! My vet bills are killing me! Along with all the other stuff. Decks have fallen to the bottom of the heap, priority wise - in fact, might be time to sell a few! :eek:

schizandra

I'm on board. When I started ordering my decks so that they would arrive when I knew my partner was going to be at work (thank you, Amazon Prime free 2 day shipping! :p), I knew this current Tarot (and I Ching) binge was becoming a problem!

devilkitty

I lose.
:p

I should sell those three Royal Fez packs sitting on my tarot shelf...

Scarlet Woodland

I'm in :) Have some lovely decks on the way but need to be putting my earnings towards Christmas now.

Setting my sights low for the moment and would just like to abstain till the new year. Hopefully the other half will have found some extra work by then, as since his hours have been sliced in half over winter, our savings are going nowhere fast.

earthair

And at some point you want to just learn and use them. Right?

That's my plan now- rotate through the ones I have- maybe wrap them up and send them to myself again :joke:

Does that count as abstinence?

Er....no.... :D Ok I need to add an O to TOADies- TOOADies (Tarot + Oracle Over Acquisition Disorder)

I'm on board! My vet bills are killing me! Along with all the other stuff. Decks have fallen to the bottom of the heap, priority wise - in fact, might be time to sell a few! :eek:

I think selling and swapping is fine and to be admired in TA :thumbsup:

I'm on board. When I started ordering my decks so that they would arrive when I knew my partner was going to be at work (thank you, Amazon Prime free 2 day shipping! :p), I knew this current Tarot (and I Ching) binge was becoming a problem!

Tried that too! didn't work, something would happen at the Post Office and cause a delay then 2 would come at once and DH would roll eyes a lot :rolleyes:

I lose.
:p

I should sell those three Royal Fez packs sitting on my tarot shelf...

I would buy them! oh wait, I'm supposed to be abstaining. Drat.
Ok rule no 1 of TOADies- no enabling by saying what decks you have for sale :angel:

I'm in :) Have some lovely decks on the way but need to be putting my earnings towards Christmas now.

Setting my sights low for the moment and would just like to abstain till the new year. Hopefully the other half will have found some extra work by then, as since his hours have been sliced in half over winter, our savings are going nowhere fast.

Yes, I'm also aiming for New Year...small achievable steps and all that!

RavenLuna

I'm not buying anything for a bit. I have had quite a few deliveries over the last two months, and I should learn those cards before getting any more.

I've got an email link to 10% off at BookDepository, and the Fountain Tarot are doing a BOGOF soon, but I'll resist. I need to spend my pennies on the people I love.

(I'm heading off to Glastonbury this afternoon, so we'll see how long this lasts)

stellar4

If you are going to Glastonbury just remember that if the decks don't reel you in and empty your pockets then the books certainly will...!
I'm trying to abstain as I've bought a few things recently but I've got a couple of things on the wishlist for next year when they come out. I'm trying to make it a rule not to buy anything unless I absolutely love it and just know that I will use it; I've bought a few because they were cheap but then ended up passing them on because they were so not me (Giger and a couple of Gardner decks are the main ones that spring to mind).
I'm also sifting through my collection to weed out the ones that I don't really love/use so that I can pass them on. I suppose I better make another rule that they must not be talked about or sold on to fellow TOADIES......!