Ace of Swords - Bohemian Gothic

loobiloo

A friend read my cards the other day - we were doing the 'secret fear' spread with the Bohemian Gothic deck. My secret fear came out as the Ace of Swords and since I'm finding it increasingly difficult to read for myself, I'd love some input as to what this might indicate. Infortunately I didn't make a record of the rest of the spread... but this one has stuck in my mind and I'm still unsure what it's about...

At the time we thought it might indicate that I tend to be overly analytical. But why is that a fear? If anyone has this deck I'd appreciate their thoughts!

afrosaxon

I don't have the BG, but the Ace of Swords is considered as the "truth" card: cutting through the BS to get to the heart of a matter, and with a minimal of emotion.

In this position in your spread, perhaps it indicates that you have a "Fear" of facing the truth (about things, people, situation)? Do you tend to avoid conflict or speaking what you truly feel or think?

Just my $.02.

T.

loobiloo

afrosaxon said:
I don't have the BG, but the Ace of Swords is considered as the "truth" card: cutting through the BS to get to the heart of a matter, and with a minimal of emotion.

In this position in your spread, perhaps it indicates that you have a "Fear" of facing the truth (about things, people, situation)? Do you tend to avoid conflict or speaking what you truly feel or think?

Just my $.02.

T.

Ah, yes I do avoid conflict. It frightens me! So I probably do avoid speaking up for that very reason. Thanks for the insight, I appreciate it :)

Thirteen

loobiloo said:
A friend read my cards the other day - we were doing the 'secret fear' spread with the Bohemian Gothic deck. My secret fear came out as the Ace of Swords and since I'm finding it increasingly difficult to read for myself, I'd love some input as to what this might indicate.
There is a Study Thread on the BG Aces that I just put up. Did you see it?

loobiloo

Thirteen said:
There is a Study Thread on the BG Aces that I just put up. Did you see it?

Sorry! I didn't see it, but I do now... I'm having one of those days where my head is on backwards, I think LOL :D