Alternate Views of the Tree of Life

Zephyros

With the exception of the Ace of Wands, which is another kettle of fish, all the Aces have a direct relationship with the Ten of the preceding suit and all the Minors are really just an elaboration of the Tetragrammaton. For example, say you're working on a plan, then the Swords are the stage where it is formulated and brought to maturity. But, there's a danger of over-thinking, mental though must give way eventually to practical fruition. The Ten of Swords conveys such over-thinking and is the stage where the mind falls apart because of it. The next stage is not immediately the doing part, but the potential for making material gains in the execution of your plan.

So in a way, the Ace of Discs shows the "flip side" of the Ten of Swords. Personally I usually treat the Aces with the same level of importance as any of the Majors. They also, of course, share relationships with the Fool, they're all on the brink of something, about to topple down towards the bottom of their respective Trees.

Barleywine

They also, of course, share relationships with the Fool, they're all on the brink of something, about to topple down towards the bottom of their respective Trees.

I think that's one of the best analogies I've ever seen for the "descent of Spirit into Matter!" Very Newtonian. :)

Zephyros

I think that's one of the best analogies I've ever seen for the "descent of Spirit into Matter!" Very Newtonian. :)

:)

Nature abhors a vacuum. Now, Kabbalah on the other hand loves it and both the Fool and the Aces illustrate the different types of Nothing that exist. The Fool is "moving" Nothing, while the Aces are "Nothing with tendencies."

Another thing I like to do is multiply the Majors and put them in their respective places between the Minors of each suit (with a large floor and several decks!). Each Major stays basically the same but gains the influences and tendencies of where they are on the Tree. So, the "Fool of Wands" is somewhat different from the "Fool of Cups" and so on. By breaking the Tree apart like this it's possible to glean greater insight on what each card is, including the Aces.

Barleywine

Another thing I like to do is multiply the Majors and put them in their respective places between the Minors of each suit (with a large floor and several decks!). Each Major stays basically the same but gains the influences and tendencies of where they are on the Tree. So, the "Fool of Wands" is somewhat different from the "Fool of Cups" and so on. By breaking the Tree apart like this it's possible to glean greater insight on what each card is, including the Aces.

In "A Complete Guide to the Tarot," Eden Gray made a stab at pegging the Major Arcana to the Sephiroth, then added an outer "egg-shaped" oval for zodiacal attributions, calling the whole thing "The Three-Dimensional Tree" (see attached scan). I found her attempt quite unsatisfactory and decided to create my own. I didn't elaborate on and iterate it the extent you seem to have, but, for what it's worth, what I came up with is also attached. You can probably see the interior logic in my choices without much difficulty. (I didn't pay any attention to the numbering on the cards, just their astrological correspondences and intrinsic nature.) There would be an Ace, Fool and Air combination in the Kether of each of the Four Worlds, a Five + Tower + Mars in every Geburah, a Seven + Empress + Venus in every Netzach, and so forth. Some are less obvious pairings, but overall I'm happier with my own choices for the different symmetries thay contain.

Attachments

• Eden Gray Model.jpg
    Eden Gray Model.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 648
  • Tree in Oval.jpg
    Tree in Oval.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 632

Libaws

Parallel trees

:)

Nature abhors a vacuum. Now, Kabbalah on the other hand loves it and both the Fool and the Aces illustrate the different types of Nothing that exist. The Fool is "moving" Nothing, while the Aces are "Nothing with tendencies."

Interesting your duplication reminds me of something i read the other night. I saved the quote because it reminded me of a dream I had: "In each of the Four Worlds there is contained a Tree of Life. The Tree of Life is, after a certain fashion, a symbolic figure of the Universe. It is made of Ten Spheres (Sephiroth) and twenty-two Paths connecting them. Since there is a Tree of Life in each of the Four Worlds, there are forty Spheres in all. Yet in each Sphere there is contained its own Tree of Life and in each Sphere of that Tree is contained yet another Tree, so that there are an infinite amount of Trees and Spheres in Kabbalistic Philosophy. "

This also relates to the SY saying the tree is infinitely emanating. ....