Thread: Horary DIY
View Single Post
Citizen

idyll 

Thanks for taking the time to go through all this Minderwiz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minderwiz View Post
Thanks for the post, Idyll.

Before I go into any real detail I need to check the chart with you. I'm fairly sure you set the chart for 13 February 2012 and the remaining details are as given in your post above.

When I cast a chart for that date and the time and place given by you in the post above, I get the house positions that you describe and also with the Moon still in the fifth house, I'm sure it's not a day later (or even earlier). However can you please confirm that for me, as I don't want to do a reading based on an erroneous chart. I've attached a copy so you can double check that all is well.
The chart you posted is the same as what I have

Quote:
It could still be peregrine but to ensure it is so, Morinus forces you to check the table for any planet, in which the Moon has dignity. In this case those are Mars (5+3), Venus (2) and the Sun (1) as there is no planet that is exalted in Scorpio) there is no planet that scores 4. For each of these three planets, we need to check whether any one of them is in a dignity of the Moon. To do this you check to see if there's any score for these planets in the Moon's column. There is no score for Mars or Venus but there is a score for the Sun - 1 - What we have here is a mutual reception - the Sun and Moon are in one of each other's dignities . In this case a mutual reception by Face and that is very weak. Indeed the only thing it adds to the Moon is that it stops it being peregrine.

So the Moon's final score is -4 (in Fall) + 1 (mutual reception by Face) = -3. All that has done is to make the Moon slightly better off than your estimate but it's not really going to have a major influence here. The Moon is weak in essential dignity.

To me this calculation is a pain - other programs, such as Solar Fire, automatically detect mutual receptions and automatically score Detriment or Fall. So I think I might well email the authors of Morinus to see if that can be remedied. As I wouldn't particularly advise you to go out and spend a lot of $$$$$ on an expensive program you can use the table in Skyscript to check for Detriment and Fall. Even so, that will not automatically show mutual receptions.
Thanks for clearing that up, you're right it would be a lot easier to have a program that does that automatically but since I'm only just getting into this it's not really worth spending a lot on a program for that.

Quote:
That leaves the issue you mentioned at the end of your post, can we use Venus and Sun as additional significators. Now if you had said stable romantic relationship, then I would answer yes - but you rather diluted your question by saying:

This relationship includes just being friends and I don't think the use of Sun and Venus is intended for 'friendships'. So you need to be clear in your intention - are you looking for romance (in which case we can try the additional significators) or are you looking for friendship (in which case they are not used). You have to be brutally honest with yourself here - if 'friendship' is simply to be near someone you have strong romantic desire for then we can use the additions. But a no answer means that you can't have a simple relationship of friendship (i.e. with no romantic feelings on your part).

Assuming the chart is correct and it's definitely romance that you are interested in, then I can go ahead and read for those additional significators.

Either way I'll do a summary of the reading for the chart, assuming it is correct.
You're right - I did dilute the question.
I am primarily interested in a romantic relationship with him.
Top   #140