Thread: Duck Soup Decks
View Single Post
Citizen

Freder 
Big Changes for The Brownies

As I was working on this project, I felt more and more that the standard poker-size deck was just too small to accommodate Palmer Cox's insanely detailed artwork. So, I'm changing the whole concept.

The main deck will now be made up of "jumbo" sized cards -- 3.5" x 5.5" -- that will allow me to present the art at least 30% larger than on regular cards. It makes a noticeable difference.

The "proverbs" cards will remain poker-sized cards: meaning that this will actually be a two-deck set, both decks fitting into a single jumbo box with a booklet.

And now that I've worked on it a little, my new goal is to have 60 jumbo-sized cards in the main oracle. and 20 poker-sized cards in the proverbs deck. I think this is attainable -- whether or not it will be affordable is anyone's guess.... hopefully it will stay in line with the range of my full-size tarot decks, but I won't know until I actually finish the art and do the prototype. I'm a little nervous about this, because I know my decks are pricier than the mass-produced ones.

All the details are at the Brownies Oracle mini-site: http://brownies.tarotbyducksoup.com

www.tarotbyducksoup.com
www.ducksoup.me
Top   #45