the Ludy Lescott Tarot - one to look out for

shadowdancer

I have seen two images so far, and it reminds me of those optical illusion images a little. you know, where you are asked are you looking at an old hag, or a young woman with a hat with her head turning away.

On the 3 swords the shadow figure could be walking towards you or away - I guess interpretation depends on which you feel applies. Same with the Hanged Man I just saw. Is he being strung up or released?

Now if all cards have you seeing two possibilities, it will be a deck I will DEFINITELY be interested in. I can ask the querant what they think is happening and then womble with that as an interpretation.

Just hope all the other cards have this possibility to them.

Davina

Eyebright

I have pre-ordered this deck on Amazon, as you say from what I have seen the cards are very open to interpretation. I'm really excited by this deck.

I also really, really like the artwork!

photokat

Been trying to find images but cannot find any. Sigh ....

gregory

There are a couple of images on LoS' facebook page.

Eyebright

gregory said:
There are a couple of images on LoS' facebook page.

Yep that's where I have seen them :)

Le Fanu

Ric posted some BIG scans here a while back but maybe they're not available anymore. It was in the 2010 thread.

I think it is by the same artist as the OTT, the extravagant, the sensual, the dynamic, the dizzying, the deck with the most ooomph of the last decade, Initiatory Tarot of the Golden Dawn.... :D

I like what I have seen so far of the Ludy Lescott deck. But who on earth is she? I have been following the development of it (still no clearer on who she is) and of the iminent new releases, I think it is the one I shall click most with (I'm not including the Minchiate reissue as I've already clicked with that).

I'm sure the mystery will soon be unravelled...

gregory

Ages ago, when asked who she was, Ric said wait and see....

ETA here's the thread. But you're right- the pix are gone.

OctoberGwen

Oh yes indeed. This one has been added to my wishlist! I don't remember the scans in the LoS 2010 thread, but I did find the two cards posted on FB very interesting.

Le Fanu

... there's a lovely Hanged Man up right now.

Essjay

Le Fanu said:
... there's a lovely Hanged Man up right now.

Ooh, yes - that is nice. It looks more to me like he's being released. There's a sort of hopeful light outside the cave.

The five of cups up on LS's facebook page is a beauty too.

I can't wait to see more of this one.