Darkana Tarot Deck on kickstarter

kalliope

Not wanting to burst any bubbles, but isn't grunge retro now? It seems like such a 90's description to me. I'm actually a fan of early 90's bands such as Nirvana, Pearl Jam et al but I wouldn't call this "modern" The artwork is appealing and sufficiently contemporary but I'm not sure about that "grunge" label. I like the "Badaß" card btw!

Heh -- as a girl who was in high school during the 90's grunge period, you're probably right! It's not a very "modern" descriptor, is it? :laugh: In his defense, it says it's a "modern grunge style", which implies he's updating the 90's aesthetics.

Regardless of his word choice, I agree with you that the art is contemporary enough. I find it fun and I've paid to get myself a deck when it comes out. Thanks for the heads-up, starlightexp!

vee

I contributed to this and the Stolen Child deck. I love kickstarter and think it's a great venue for Tarot decks! Can't wait to get those later this year :)

starlightexp

Woo hoo the deck is funded!!!

shadowdancer

funded - and in only 4 days too :D

Looking forward to it. (Now if only we can nudge him to that keenly anticipated and hoped for book of inappropriateness)

Davina

Cassandra022

oh dear. wasn't going to buy any more decks for a while but..................................

Stormdancer

Looks like this is moving right along :party:

shadowdancer

I have a couple of these on order too, from way back as a backer. :)
It has a very interesting and strong vibe. I have followed Dan on FB due to his Inappropriate Tarot page, and love his take on things.

Davina

Nina*

I ordered two copies yesterday - somehow I missed the backing....
Either way it looks absolutely great and I can't wait to receive it.

Essjay

I've ordered a copy too - it looks interesting.