View Single Post
Citizen

Ana's Song 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minderwiz View Post
I'll start with Ronia's chart but I need to include a preliminary statement on the meaining of the planets - Hellenisitic keywords if you like. These come from Robert Schmidt and are from an analysis he did of the references made by a variety of authors;

Sun: the principle of selection
Moon: To gather and include
Mercury: To destabilise and contest
Venus To reconcile and unify
Mars: To sever and separate
Jupiter: To command and stabilise
Saturn: To exclude and reject

These are the 'core principles' that they represent. It's worth noting that if you consider their sign rulerships, for any pair of signs in opposition, their rulers also give opposite meanings. Look at Taurus and Scorpio for example. Venus is reconciling and unifying whilst Mars is separating and severing.

I can see that these keywords could be very useful in a moder context, not just in the context of Hellenistic Astrology
These keywords are very interesting. They seem to encompass many shades of grey running the full gamut between each set of keywords.

Minderwiz, forgive my ignorance or if we've covered this before, but are we ignoring the outer planets on the basis that they hadn't been discovered at the time Hellenistic Astrology was in vogue (for lack of a better term)? I remember reading something a long time ago that stated the ancients suspected other planets existed but could not prove it, and that the true rulers of Scorpio, Aquarius, Virgo, Pisces, and Taurus would be discovered much later than their time... This might be a bit of an OT though!
Top   #19