The A. Nonny Mouse Promotional Tarot Deck: The Sequel!!!

Eowyn

Yeah... forgetting about the Lillie and the Praga...

All hail the Nonny and the Mousy!!

gregory

Now all I needs is the cards :D Then I will copy rhombchick's - as I haven't heard a thing - and set up my paypal to fleece you all :D

HM - must also start SCANNING. :| Would people prefer them to show on white or black backgrounds - I like to do cards on black so I can see the edges easily.... (@ debra - that was when someone who had CREATED a deck of which I had finally managed to secure a copy said I could make my own scans to print a spare, as the original was so fragile ;))

I am including a solid sheet of the back in the pdf, so we can print the deck off without having to line up the cards with their backs. Basically - cos I can't DO that ! so I assume no-one else can (except Lillie, who is a genius !)

Cat*

Eowyn said:
Because the real name is... eh.. uh...mhpf... what was the real name? Nonny Tarot? :bugeyed:

Huston Huston....
The title cards say:

"[size=+1]A. Nonny Mouse TAROT[/size]
created by members
of the
Aeclectic Tarot Forum"

So that ("A. Nonny Mouse Tarot") would be the official name. :)

Grizabella & Debra, thanks for chiming in. After reading your takes on this, I would like to change my opinion and agree with you. It really seems odd to choose only two contributors as name patrons to the two copies.

I like "Nonny" and "Mousy" (as Eowyn suggested) better, if you really want to avoid giving them numbers. I'd have no problems with calling them "#1/2" and "#2/2" either.

gregory said:
Would people prefer them to show on white or black backgrounds - I like to do cards on black so I can see the edges easily....
Black sounds fine, although I'd prefer a small line around each card instead of a huge black border that will waste ink and will be cut off and thrown away anyway. I have had good experiences with a thin (1 pixel or less, I think) grey line as a border. It disappeared with cutting but was still easily visible to serve as orientation before the cut.

Will the final cards pdf be several cards per page for easy printing? If so, how do we deal with the different standard paper formats? At any rate, I believe we need to make sure that everyone can print the cards without too much of a hassle. I'm not sure how much work it would be to make different versions (DIN sizes, US sizes, whatever-else-is-common sizes) by just changing the size of the background-border (if you know what I mean?). I've done that before, but I did it in a Word file where I had pasted all the individual scans. I then made the Word document into a pdf. So if I can be of any help with this, just let me know. :)

gregory said:
I am including a solid sheet of the back in the pdf, so we can print the deck off without having to line up the cards with their backs.
Black edges fray so easily (and visibly) and any solid color uses huge amounts of ink. Why don't you leave the backs out of the pdf completely? Then everyone can choose their favorite color and/or back design. After all, it isn't hard to create a page of the appropriate size for the paper you're using, fill it with a solid color (or tiny pattern), and print it on the backs of the card pages. People could also use sticky paper with patterns or whatever else they like.

gregory

NOT solid backs - the tarotee back that's on the cards. Print or not - as you wish ! I shall, you don't hafta ! Good point about black/charcoal EDGES for the cards. Will do.

6 to a sheet, I HOPE (I will report back) at a size that should fit letter or A4 - what is the standard in the rest of the EU ? (DIN, but what SIZE ?)

A4 - 21 x 29.7 cm
Letter - 21.59 x 27.94 cm

So as long as they come in within 21 x 27 I should be OK - you can centre on paper, like. I had thought to set the page size at 20 x 25.... I'm OK with creating pdfs, no worries there !

And - THE THREESES ARE HERE ! So after I clip the hedge I will start to copy the 4 cups, and THEN ... :D

Oddity

gregory said:
6 to a sheet, I HOPE (I will report back) at a size that should fit letter or A4 - what is the standard in the rest of the EU ? (DIN, but what SIZE ?)

A4 - 21 x 29.7 cm
Letter - 21.59 x 27.94 cm
A4 is standard over here where I live (Sweden).

Oddity

I think within 21x27 will be fine - there will be some shrinking anyway because most printers can't print all the way to the paper edge, but as long as all the pages are the same size so the shrinking will be uniform, that won't be a problem.

Cat*

gregory said:
NOT solid backs - the tarotee back that's on the cards. Print or not - as you wish ! I shall, you don't hafta ! Good point about black/charcoal EDGES for the cards. Will do.
Oh, sorry, I misread "back" as "black"... :| I'm totally fine with a solid page of the plaid pattern! I would even use it! ;)

gregory said:
DIN A4 is probably standard everywhere in Europe (at least I never heard of any other formats).

Oddity said:
I think within 21x27 will be fine - there will be some shrinking anyway because most printers can't print all the way to the paper edge, but as long as all the pages are the same size so the shrinking will be uniform, that won't be a problem.
I agree. We can all shrink the original file by a small percentage (3-5%) according to what our printers can handle.

gregory said:
And - THE THREESES ARE HERE ! So after I clip the hedge I will start to copy the 4 cups, and THEN ... :D
YAY! :party:

canid

Are you going to also provide just the images, separately? I'm in the US so use letter size, but I don't want you to have to set up 2 separate docs! I'm a graphic designer & can do it myself - if you'd like I could do that for us 'mericans, & just save it as a PDF?

gregory

??? Pardon ??

I am just going to scan the lot, and make sure it will fit on either size of paper. (I am accustomed to both, living as I do - I was mostly concerned about Germany etc - but if they are A4 too....)

When I'm done I'll run a test print on both sizes, just to ckeck !!

I am copying the four now. She used silver... This may be iffy... mine CERTAINLY isn't waterproof.... The colours won't match exactly either - she must have some really classy sharpies... But that's what you get with "school of" !

Feretian

<Feretian peeks in for a bit>

I love you all! What you have done with this project...and how it is coming to it's finish!

I was reading back..but the thread is so long, I have only got through the last six pages. Truly, thank you all for doing this!

Raffle basket will have to be done at a later date..all the donations are safe as houses, and hopefully my procrastination will revive interest in the project later.

gregory or All-is-one-or-two-or-more-as-time-goes-on, please let me know when the raffle begins...I am in!

hugs from your absent mama,

Feretian

xxx