Hanson Roberts - The Empress

Flavio

I was observing this card yesterday, noticed the wreath below the crown of starts and then a necklace made of something like pearls or bubbles (as seen on the Cups Courts), stars, wreath and bubbles/pearls made think she rules sky, earth and sea, connected her more with the "Mother Nature" concept.

Morwenna

She is indeed like Mother Nature, and all the plantlife around her is indeed seeds or grains. In fact the only flowers I see are the decorations on her sleeves and on her scepter. And those are 12 stars on her head. her overtunic appears to be fringed suede. And that serenity is incredible; it's not the serenity of introspection, but serenity in interacting with the world.

GryffinSong

The HR Empress is one of my all-time favorite cards. I've never been pregnant, or a mother, so I've always seen her as my best creative self in other ways. Yes, I often chose her as my significator when using this deck. I saw her as my best artist self, best craftsperson, best creator of new life changes. I love this card. :)

MaxZorr

Aaahh The Empress, This card looks very much like my first serious girlfriend. She always look out for me and was very giving and supportive. She is very firtle you can see seeds pods bursting and dropping the seeds in the background. I also feel a strong sexual urges from this card. the bursting pods are open and ready to recieve the seeds of her man.

Free Spirit

I´ve just started getting into the H R deck.
I´m convinced that the round circle at the back of her is a chair.
Look at the edging of her red robe on the right hand side of the outer circle.Theres a red tassle that hangs down from her robe, thats draped over her right shoulder. Theres a small horizintal line thats the same color as the outer ring of the circle. That to me looks like the edge of the back of her chair.
Hope this makes sense!!!

Also under her left wrist you can make out the arm rest, which is also the same color as the circle.
Anyone else see this?

FallynRaiyn

I see the stars in her crown as her children, and everyone and everything is her child, but that is her purpose, she doesn't do what she does for herself, she does for the ones she loves. Sometimes overmuch.

I think the circular object behind her is a chair, but it's also so reminiscent of the ornate halo's on old old depictions of mary the mother of god. She seems very very sure of herself. I don't think I'd want to cross her. She reminds me of some mothers I know that will tell you in a heartbeat everything you are doing wrong as a mother. That she knows best.

maybe i have issues. LOL

I also see just a hint of concern in her eyes, that she works this hard, and tries so hard, but maybe it's not enough, maybe it will all come crashing down around her.

yeah, i think i have issues.

Ann Yu

I´ve just started getting into the H R deck.
I´m convinced that the round circle at the back of her is a chair.
Look at the edging of her red robe on the right hand side of the outer circle.Theres a red tassle that hangs down from her robe, thats draped over her right shoulder. Theres a small horizintal line thats the same color as the outer ring of the circle. That to me looks like the edge of the back of her chair.
Hope this makes sense!!!

Also under her left wrist you can make out the arm rest, which is also the same color as the circle.
Anyone else see this?
Yes, it's obviously a chair :D
But why the back is round shape? Fulfillment?