Tree of life.Bio, Chem, Atom & Quan

AmounrA

Macavity""Reading the average spiritual or metaphysical forum one is struck by the number of folk discussing role/application (sic!) of quantum theory in "God". Certainly I have NO objection, but I do rather worry about some of style these discussions follow and when such definitive conclusions are drawn...""--

Firstly I welcome you comments and value you shared input into this thread ! Although in some regards I agree, you do often hear wild theories, which have little foundation in observed fact, I don't feel we are going that direction here.

I guess the reasons why Q.P is often linked with concepts of 'god' is fairly easy to understand. When we consider that if we look at an 'arm' and see skin, this is only on one level of scale, better vision would reveal no 'skin' but 'cells', better vision still would reveal no cells, but molecular chains, better still, no molecules but atoms..Better still quarks [although not visible:)]. This simple chain would perhaps easily fit in a blind random view of the universe- A universe with no 'higher power', except when molecules start forming self-conscious life-- it becomes very clear that there is more going on in the fabric that 'dead wood'.

Evidence from experiments shows CLEARLY that on the quantum level, electrons, photons seem to process awareness of each other, and there relation to each other, even when there is no connection between them,’ instantly'. [Einstein called this "Spooky action at a distance]. Double slit experiment, aspect experiments.

I add this quote from the legendary quantum physist Niels Bohr- " Anyone who is not shocked by quantum theory has not understood it"

I think the cause of this shock is that reality, as we understand it collapses.
---------------------------------------------------
I add this, as its numbered steps are another angle of manifestation.

The naples arrangement-
000-Zero absolute
00-Zero as indefinable
0-Zero as basis of possible vibration
1-The point: positive yet indefinable
2-The point: distinguishable from one other
3-The point: defined by 2 others.
--The abyss--
4-The point: defined by 3 coordinates. Matter
5-Motion [time]--he, the womb; for only through Motion and in time can events occur
6-The point: now self-conscious, able to define itself in terms above.
7-The points idea of bliss
8-The points idea of knowledge
9-The points idea of being
10-The points idea of itself fulfilled in its complement, as determined by 7-8-9.

For info on naples arrangement- http://www.brianberge.net/spirituality/thelema/qabalah/

AmounrA

Zander [yes, a small joke], the works I have been using for reference on this are-

"Q is for Quantum, particle physics from A to Z"
"In search of Schrodingers cat"
"In search of Shrodingers kittens"
---all by John Gribbin

" The Feynman lectures on Physics"
by Feynman, Leighton and Sands.

"six easy pieces"
"six -not-so- easy pieces"
both by Feynman

And several other works.

zander770

"all these stand-up comedians out of work and AmounrA's trying to be funny . . ."

Macavity

Since this post in it's original form lent NOTHING to the discussion I have decided to edit it out. A little in DEVIOUS in some respects, but a little research has convinced me to that some of these events may have a certaIn... erm precendence? ;) I understand better now and my response was in one sense an overreaction. Fwiw, I too hope for the sake of discussion that this will be an end to the matter. For my part it is. Thanks for your kind words AmounrA. No worries as they say. :)

Mac

AmounrA

I only hope you keep posting on this Qabalah section !

zander770

"Q is for Quantum, particle physics from A to Z"
"In search of Schrodingers cat"
"In search of Shrodingers kittens"
---all by John Gribbin

" The Feynman lectures on Physics"

"six easy pieces"
both by Feynman

(zander) and "schrodinger's cat" had NOTHING TO DO w/robt anton wilson and HIS title, ah?

i'll leave yer pm's alone.

z770

AmounrA

Is this nice zander or nasty zander?

I trust you are refering to robert antons wilson, Schrodingers cat trilogy [the universe next door, the trick top hat & the homing pigeons] ?

The books by Gribbin have nothing to do with wilsons work on this account however. They are basically the history of quantum physics, right up to the present day. They are written without to much technical 'jargon', and I would recommend them highly.

zander770

hey savage . . .

"The Feynman lectures on Physics"

"six easy pieces"
both by Feynman[/B]
hey "red"/AmounrA: (i'm just glad i didn't go off on some jack nicholson harangue re The Movie, or whatnot ... not that that'd mattered . . .

listen: i've been lurking here since i signed on to a.t. (oct 02) and i had thought/figured/hoped for/asked "de gads" that my inebriated post(s) here would have been deleted (by now)!!!

i never looked to double-check!

all i was trying to add was that the word QUARK was fist "heard" (written, "discovered," used, et al) by joyce in finnegans wake, 1939, chap. II, p. 383, "three quarks for mizta mark!" something like that, but i didn't have my copies of the text "handy" (i STILL don't! i live in "a bad part of town," so do not keep my "prized possessions" here).

it took me apx 5 mins to find the above, on-line, thru concordances, SOBER.

anyway, that's not my point.

my POINT is to apologize to AmounrA in particular, pubicly, and also to the forum in general. i want it known that "savage," here, is the type of friend who sends one not only a "new yr's eve greeting," but also includes attached gifs! new artwork! (ya mean after this?!!?) yeah, even AFTER some jerk-off drunk attempts--however unintended!!!--to f*ck-up this novel, breakthrough qabalist concept that he's gracing a.t. (read: YOU!) w/as a thread, for, that's what i think that this is: breakthrough!

alright, people ... 'nuff. my head's been in hod, truely, for months ... but my heart's still w/a.t., so ... enough said.

KONX OM PAX

~z~770~
:TFOOL