Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot

ncefafn

Now, where did I put that saucer of milk???

Maeve, er, I mean Kim, Kim, yeah, that's my name. It's Kim. :D

lark

I kind of like that the cats have no clothes on in the Tower card.
It gave me the feeling of escaping with just the fur on your back...
Tower experiences are like that, sudden....
You don't have time to think, you just JUMP!

HudsonGray

Clothing mice that are falling from the tower! Ha!

Two years ago there was a site that showed a suit of armor for a mouse--no lie! The site went down, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere since then. It was a great picture, all but the feet & tail were covered in plate armor, the guy had worked in super tiny scale & had done an excellent job on it.

Strange and wonderful things are online.

Demonesse

Kim, I like that idea! I'd love to see the mice's expressions (they don't necessarily have to look horrified or be dangling from a paw), and their costumes, of course...

If no mousies, I'd still like clothes on the Tower cats! Baroque and all, y'know. ;)

baba-prague

For anyone who loves ginger cats

The Emperor!
(no mice - but a hidden owl)

http://www.tarotofprague.com/cats/c_emperor_forweb.jpg

and a close-up. He is reading a renaissance treatise on perspective drawing (which was a classic, so would still have been read in the Baroque of course - anyway, ginger cats tend to be very well educated and often keep an excellent library)

http://www.tarotofprague.com/cats/c_emperor_closeup.jpg

By the way, these are getting better as I'm learning how to do sharper close-ups for the web - it's now a lot easier to get some idea of how the cards actually will be.

lunakasha

Thanks Karen!

I LOVE the Emperor...he just looks so regal and distinguished! He is my favorite so far...of course I may be biased since his face is very similar to one of my own cats, Murphy. He also has an air of dignity about him :)

Keep 'em coming...can't wait to see more!!!

:) Luna/Karen

skytwig

Oh, the close up was wondrous!!!!! I found the owl! And the details are exquisite!!! My goodness, these cards are fabulous.... there is so much in them!!!

Bravo, bravo!!!!!!!

baba-prague

Oh thank-you. Yes, it's a relief to be able to show them better now. I had a lesson from our lovely Siberian friend (the human one, not one of the feline Siberians) and now I can do it much better.

Alex is a detail fanatic, so I always feel I'm letting him down when I put up some blurry image. I love the Emperor too. The cat I lived with for many years (he was a darling) was a long-haired ginger boy.

Diana

baba: I don't often come over to this forum, but 12 pages of thread told me that something exciting must be going on here.

I apologise if this question has already been asked, but I don't have time to read through the whole thread. Do you actually dress the cats up, or is it a photomontage that you do afterwards? And how do you get the cats to stand in the positions you want them to stand? (I am a bit confused)

Confused, but IMPRESSED!!!!! Wow....

lunakasha

Hi Karen!

My Murphy is more of a cream-colored Abyssinian "mixed breed"...and I am sure you know that the Siberian is the long-haired version of the Abyssinian!!! Your Emperor has longer hair and is brighter in color...but the facial features are almost identical!!!

Anyway...thanks bunches for sharing your beautiful artwork with all of us...I can't wait until the deck is in my hands!

:) Karen