Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot

baba-prague

Thanks for the enthusiam - it really does help. There are times when it seems like a long way to go to finish all 78 cards. This finishing period is strange. A lot of the basic decisions have been taken, but things can change quite dramatically sometimes in the process from sketch to final card.

Yes, I am more or less happy with the HP too, but you know, I think Hedera may have a point on this one. I don't actually think water is needed, but maybe something else is. But as I say, any alterations will be smallish.

Eight of SWORDS on the way - plus the website (honestly, it is coming.)

edited to say - eeek I typed Wands - now there is wishful thinking!

lark

She's my favorite!
I was just looking at her very carefully and she feels closed in.
I think it's the brick wall behind her.
If you removed the brick wall and put a blue sky with clouds behind her it would give the card that ethereal High Priestess feeling that we're missing.
But without changing any of the simplicity of the card.
Just a thought.

baba-prague

Eight of Swords

I have to be honest and say I quite like the closed-in-ness. We did actually try sky and it didn't quite work.

Ah well, like I say, sooner or later we will do something small and she will come to life. Maybe I shouldn't have put her up quite yet - but please remember none of the cards you are seeing is absolutely 100% there - though some are 98%! It's good to see reactions of course - please do honestly say what you think.

We are just photographing our live-in devil right now - and he is posing! We can't quite work out how - but he seems to be striking all sorts of poses I've never seen before. I'll post a photo (he is a very old - around 100 years - marionette. I think he is enjoying the limelight. Normally he lives in the kitchen)

Anyway, here is the Eight of Swords (she might be a touch fuzzy - I had to reduce the file size quite a lot):

http://www.tarotofprague.com/cats/c_8swrd_small.jpg

edited to say (whoops - wrong number on the border - ignore please, we will have an eight on there in a jiffy)

This is one of the cats we did meet. I actually felt a bit sorry for her - she is very small and surrounded by very large cats. We show her just as she is beginning to take matters into her own paws and escape...

dolphinprincess

OH, I lOVE the look on this cat's face!! What a great expression.

Demonesse

I have to agree with the others that the HP is far too bright, and the beige-brown brick wall gives it the feeling of being walled-in. It could work, though, if the bright area above the wall were replaced, IMHO.

My first impression was...'librarian cat'! I love the Moon - perhaps the same ethereal mood could be captured in a different way here; a touch of how a cat speaks to the human subconcious.

Hedera

Yes, or maybe the bright bit above the wall be made a bit darker - like a night sky?

Or maybe it is just the brick wall, that makes the card look a little flat (literally). I think closed-in-ness is rather appropriate, though.

Sorry Karen, I do like the card! :) Just being nit-picky and trying to give you some feedback.

I think it's just because all the others so far have been so perfect that the HP bugs me a little.
And of course the cards aren't finished yet, so you might decide to change another little detail and it turns out to be perfect all of a sudden.

Like that 8 of Swords: Wonderful! Love the look on her face, love the choice of cat and background, and the composition.
Beautiful!

I can't wait to see the 6 of Swords.....;)

baba-prague

Well, the High Priestess is always a difficult card for me (I drew her all the time when we were doing ToP - and she had to go through a lot of versions before the final one - she didn't let up until I got her right!) Thanks for commenting though. We'll see :)

Six of Swords involves a small dark grey kitten - the card is all sketched but doesn't really have a background yet so it will be a while.

We are working on Strength now. Which has a surpise or two (mysterious smile).

The Devil is also almost done - but again, a hard one.

and our kittens STILL haven't arrived - though they are now a couple of says overdue. Poor Minnie is just lying around sleeping - but that may be the best preparation for her. Lotte can't understand why she won't play.

skytwig

Oh I love the 8 swords!!!! Wonderful, wonderful card!

More reiki to Minnie......

HP card, maybe an elegant fishbowl at her feet?

ncefafn

Beautiful 8 of Swords. Made me want to rush out and rescue her!

Kim

catdoc

Re: Eight of Swords

baba-prague said:
- but please remember none of the cards you are seeing is absolutely 100% there - though some are 98%! It's good to see reactions of course - please do honestly say what you think.

I am wondering whether it is a blessing or a burden to have the ability to keep changing the card images. It certainly helps in getting things just right and it makes sharing images for preview and constructive criticism a fruitful enterprise, but doesn't it begin to drive you nuts after a while? How do you know when you have reached 100%???

Deb