Your Top 5 Home Remedies....

druidicseer

you know what else is great for flus and colds?? ginger! it viciously fights off the virus! also sage is good for sore throats.

sore throat gargle(not exactly tasty but it works)
combine:
1 cup of apple cider vineger
1 cup strong(like triple strength) sage tea
2 to 3 teaspoons of salt
pinch of cayenne

gargle freqeuntly throughout the day

tarotlyn

:heart:For the flu as well as other sicknesses:

Get some Vitamin D3 (1,000 mgs if you can find it) (also in "gel" capsules)
and take 3 per day (if you have the flu)...you will probably find, as I did, that
you will feel so much better within a couple of days! It really works!!!

I had read somewhere online (can't remember where now :bugeyed: ) that
Vitamin D3 worked better than a flu shot. So I tried it, and it is true.

I also read (in same article) that we don't get enough Vit D3 from the sun or food.

I am sure there will be someone that "knows it all" and will have something different
to say about my posted info...but it still worked for me and others I know!
:):heart:tarotlyn

Dancing Bear

They say a teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar.. in a cup of water..
taken every morning before anything else.. helps your overall health and well being..

I dont do it myself. But my gran does and has done for years..she is 81 and is so healthy, hardly ever gets any cold or anything and she is defiantely swithced on even if she is stuck on the 1950's or earlier track LOL! but she is all there.. so i guess it does work.

tarotlyn

For: Sore Throats

:heart: I may have posted this once before:

For sore throats:

...just sprinkle a little bit of real sea salt on your tongue and let it dissolve.
Wait at least 15 minutes before drinking or eating anything.

It works great. Real sea salt didn't affect my blood pressure.
You can do this 3 to 4 times per day...but it is best when you do this at the
FIRST sign of a tickle or scratchy feeling in your throat.

:):heart:tarotlyn

dimwem

If the only symptom is a dry/scratchy throat or dry cough I always recommend a humidifier. Even in the rainy late autumn the air can get dry in your home. If you want to make a difference without spending $50 USD on something you will only use for 3 months, I found something that helps for small spaces. My college roommate and I set a large electric kettle full of water on low whenever one of us was in the room awake. It kept the air nice and moist all winter long.

My favorite cure-all is telling my kids, "Yes, this is medicine and you will get better." It might be hot tea with honey or lemon juice and vinegar but it always works on those iffy illnesses that may or may not really exist.

Tansey Ella

re: the small bumps on skin and other type problems
I really have had no luck except with that TSal from Walgreen. They make a knock off version so I get a big bottle and use it as bath wash. Has totally cleared up my back.
also, the best face scrub I have ever used is baking soda and baby lotion. I just buy the cheapest of each, or use ceteaphil instead of baby lotion. It is very gentle but be sure and rinse well. I find that the sugar scrubs are just too rough for my English/Irish skin.
Another thing that you can try is jojoba oil. I have read many people use it for skin problems and it seems to really clear the skin. It relieves dryness but does not clog the pores.
I have struggled all my life with sensitive skin that tears easily and scars easily and breaks out and at my advanced age still have oily skin. I have rosacea and that has been a battle. I have found little to help it except the antibiotics. One thing I have found for sure is I can't use any retinol products on my face due to the rosacea.

lol read over this thread for tips and loved the one about slamming the lid of the computer to stop spending too much time online.
Another one- to stop buying too many tarot decks, CHECK YOUR BANK ACCOUNT.
BTW
I wanted to mention again about Green Apple Body Spray. I swear that if your headache is not of major migraine proportions that a spray of this stuff on your shoulders etc ( where you can get a good whif of it) will help that headache. plus if you will smell nice.

entropy

Here's an odd one... if you have a skin tag or a raised mole that you want to remove, have someone help you tie one of your hairs around it tightly, then cover it with a round bandaid. I had one on my thigh that was kind of big for a mole. It took a couple of times tying hair around it progressively tighter and then re-covering it with the bandaid, but I pulled the last bandaid and hair off this morning. The skin under where it used to be is a little red, but it's gone. It's actually pretty cool in that same disgusting way that popping a zit is facinating. It took around a week and didn't hurt as much as stitches would have.

So there you go. More than anyone wanted to know about my thigh.

creakingcricket

Garlic Sprout Soup

Garlic is good for respiratory infections and other conditions, but for many it can be a serious stomach and intestinal irritant, apparently caused by oil in the garlic clove. These bad side-effects may be avoided by discarding the clove and using only the sprout, now available in the northern hemisphere for those who grow their own garlic. I use sprouts of elephant garlic about six inches long.

2 stalks of celery
several potatoes
4 garlic sprouts
pat of butter
cheese, 3 tablespoons

Dice. Put celery on first, as it takes longer to cook. When about done, add cheese and stir until dissolved. Add salt (if wanted) at table. Makes three good servings.

celticnoodle

Dancing Bear said:
They say a teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar.. in a cup of water..
taken every morning before anything else.. helps your overall health and well being..

I dont do it myself. But my gran does and has done for years..she is 81 and is so healthy, hardly ever gets any cold or anything and she is defiantely swithced on even if she is stuck on the 1950's or earlier track LOL! but she is all there.. so i guess it does work.
this is true!!! I can recall when I worked with senior citizens, making a home visit to one couples home. The woman who answered the door, I thought was their daughter. turns out, she was NOT the daughter - nor even a relative--just someone who came by to help them - and WAS (if i recall correctly) about 10yrs. older!!! but she sure as heck looked 20yrs. younger. I asked her secret-and she told me she did this same thing--and had never been sick a day in her life!

now, I went home all set to try this miracle myself. but, be warned--it's really bad tasting! however, I do recall that you can achieve the same result by having the same amount of apple cider vinegar on anything edible-salads, ect. it's really tasty on apple wedges and cheese too! :) that I can handle!