View Single Post
Citizen

zhadee 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemia View Post
The magyar kartya share the Schafkopf suit symbols (German suits basically) but they include the four seasons and name the court cards after Schiller's drama Tell.

Isn't it wonderful that in every corner of Europe, people used different card decks to play while drinking beer or red wine? And they still do.

The baraja have, judging without having them in my hand of course, something upbeat in their colouring.

ETA: I was a toadie once. Even kept my vows for some months. Felt great. But not as great as an unopened parcel in my hands :-)
Ah, ever since the smartphones became popular, people stopped playing cards while drinking coffee, wine or beer. While sipping something, they keep staring at their tablets without a sign of interest in playing cards with any person in the same room

Lo and behold, after looking at the magyar kartya I felt the need to check once more with ebay ads, and found an offer of spanish playing cards.
Looks like reading this thread is highly enabling me to get various european playing cards, so I might as well cancel my subscription with the toadies right now
Top   #24