Tarocchi di Marcelo Inciso

blue_fusion

A bit of a back story: I had to choose between 3 "final looks" for the Maria Celia/M'Arse (the M'Arse is still in progress, with progress moving slowly), and I finally settled on a faux aged look for the deck. One of the other two looks was that of a faux engraved/woodcut effect - something which I thought had a lot of potential. I began drawing the line art for it but had to put them aside because I took on a theatrical costume design commission which took up a lot more of my time than I expected.

Anyway, I'm back to working on the stuff I left unfinished (again). Here's the faux engraved one. Inciso is "engraved" in Italian, and Marcelo is a nod towards "Marseilles". The majors and courts are done. Ironically, for something with non-scenic pips, it's the pips that's giving me a hard time.

The drawings started out as austere, in terms of details, but somehow they ended up with more and more sartorial embellishments as the project progressed. Anyway, here's some samples of the deck:

http://paralumanstudio.blogspot.com/2000/01/tarocchi-di-marcelo-inciso.html

-Ly

PS I finally began a website to consolidate all of my tarot and ephemera-related art/projects. Most of the site already has content (yay!) but there are still parts which are still in progress.

truelighth

I like it! It looks really different again :thumbsup:

And I am looking forward to your website. :)

blue_fusion

I like it! It looks really different again :thumbsup:

And I am looking forward to your website. :)

Hi Truelight! The link is actually a page on the website. :D

garmonbozia

Those images are stunning.

I just recently got the Maria Celia in my last GameCrafter order. I didn't know the artist was on here! It's a beautiful deck.

truelighth

Ah.. such a great site! And there will be more to see in the future. I really hope you will finish some of those unfinished tarots. The Eventide of course, also love the Achromatic Impressions, the WW, the Masque! Oh yes, lets not forget that one.

Now, get to work :p :thumbsup: ;)

Babalon Jones

Wow, the colors of the Marcelo Incisio remind me totally of Artist Conk art! Does anyone else know about the Artist Conk mushroom? It it a shelf mushroom that grows on trees, with a soft smooth white underside but a tough top. If picked fresh, you can scratch a design into it, as wherever you scratch it, it immediately turns brown. When the mushroom is dry then you can no longer scratch it, so your design is permanent. But you have to work fast, as once you pick it it starts to dry.

Here is one I did a couple of years ago, so you can see why the color reminds me of this. the picture came out sideways, sorry, but it is the face of a green man. I scratched it onto the shroom with a toothpick.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 238

Thoughtful

Love that mushroom, brilliant! l see what you mean about the Marselo, love the colouring.

blue_fusion

Thanks guys!

That's one trippy mushroom! lol is it edible?

Babalon Jones

Nah, not edible as they are hard and tough on top, and rubbery. But they are not poisonous, and are supposed to be somewhat medicinal. They are related to reishe mushroom, so you can boil the crap out if them to extract some anti tumor medicinals.

Nice work on the Marcelo Incisio! I reaaly do like the look of them.