Herbal Tarot Study Group -10 of Cups - Marijuana

merissa_88

10 of Cups/Marijuana

Even though I giggle every time I see the title of this card, the meaning is kind of confusing to me. It is very different than the RW card. If I just look at it , the puffy "up in smoke" clouds do look kind of disturbing. But the rainbow and cups look like a real celebration. So I have a hard time understanding the interpretation in the LWB of "unstable foundations".

Do people who do readings with this deck always find this card to be negative? I'm having a hard time seeing that just from the imagery on the card.

Soaring Eagle

I don't get a negative feeling from this card at all.

You can see the minor arcane cards in Constellation 1.

Description: Ten cups are stacked floating above a river and clouds. There is a rainbow and mountains in the distance and more clouds in the sky. There is a large marijuana sprig behind the rainbow.

Significant Details: The cups symbolize the containing of emotions or life forces. The rainbow symbolizes happiness and happy endings. The clouds symbolize hope. The mountains are the gateways to the spirit realm. The river symbolizes life forces.

Keywords: Emotional fulfillment, Family, Joy, Serenity

Medicinal Uses: “Cannabis is an analgesic and hallucinatory drug. It is anti-spasmodic and will reduce nerve pain, but it has toxic side-effects. There is current interest in it as a treatment for multiple sclerosis.” American Nature Guides Herbs by Anna Kruger.

My Interpretation: You may feel elated, content, or even joyful during this time. Your projects have come to a happy end, and you are ready to start a new cycle. Things are going right for you.

Number Significance: 10 - End of a cycle, Beginning of a new cycle. The 10 of Wands is ruled by Mars in Pisces. Marijuana is ruled by Saturn. The Tens are in Constellation 1 with I Magician, X Medicine Wheel, XIX Sun, and the Aces. 1 – Communication; Self consciousness; Individualization; Self-expression; Initiative; At-one-ment; Originality.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: I get a sense of magic when I look at this card. How else could these cups be stacked this way? I couldn't do it.