RWS 9 Swords V Thoth 9 Swords

caridwen

Aeon418 said:
Source? It's basic qabalah. The Ruach is one of the four parts of the soul.

Chiah - The Life Force - Yod - Fire
Neshamah - The Soul - Heh - Water
Ruach - The Intellect - Vau - Air
Nephesh - The Animal Soul - Heh final - Earth

I know that the term Ruach is used differently sometimes, but in the Crowley quote above it's being used in this sense.

lol Ruach is the Hebrew word for breath, wind or Spirit of God. It is used to refer to the Spirit of God, or Holy Spirit, in the Old Testament...It is also referred to as the thinking part of the soul - I get the feeling here from the quote from the BoT - that Crowley is referring to the Soul. The poem he references is a 'dark night of the soul' - very much in keeping with the 9 of Swords.

caridwen

Aeon418 said:
What if the husband doesn't care about not knowing his father? In that case the insult, despite it's intention, has no power to hurt. There has to be a connection, otherwise nothing will happen.

It's like a battery. You have to connect the positive and negative ends to make the current flow.

My point is: The wife knows what will and what will not hurt her husband. Her intention is to hurt him and she knows exactly how to do that.

It's all about intention. The words themselves may not hurt but the intention in itself may.

Aeon418

caridwen said:
lol Ruach is the Hebrew word for breath, wind or Spirit of God. It is used to refer to the Spirit of God, or Holy Spirit, in the Old Testament...It is also referred to as the thinking part of the soul - I get the feeling here from the quote from the BoT - that Crowley is referring to the Soul. The poem he references is a 'dark night of the soul' - very much in keeping with the 9 of Swords.
Like I said, it's used in a slightly different sense here. Swords - Air - Ruach - Intellect.

caridwen

Aeon418 said:
Like I said, it's used in a slightly different sense here. Swords - Air - Ruach - Intellect.

Yes I understand. Thank you for clearing that up.

Aeon418

caridwen said:
My point is: The wife knows what will and what will not hurt her husband. Her intention is to hurt him and she knows exactly how to do that.

It's all about intention. The words themselves may not hurt but the intention in itself may.
Isn't this the whole point? Intention to hurt means nothing unless there is a sore spot to aim at. Heal the sore spot and the wife loses all her power to hurt.

le fey

caridwen said:

That'd make it partially about intention. The other part in that example is caring about the opinion of the wife. Suppose this fight happens after he's already decided to leave her? She may be fierce with intention, and it may even be that a few years back such a comment from her would have destroyed him. But today? Eh, whatever.

Ultimately - I'm not trying to be frivolous here, or suggest that it's easy, we really are in charge of of how much someone else's words are going to hurt us.