View Single Post
Citizen

Starling 

I used a four card spread in Step 12. I'm using the RWS deck.

My chosen card is the 9 of Pentacles.
My Next Step is the Ace of Swords.
The Hierophant can help me break my block.
The Outcome is the Ace of Cups.

Each card is from a different "suit" counting the Majors as a suit. The only suit that is missing is Wands, but Mary Greer suggests that we not "count" a missing suit. Cups and Pentacles are "female" suits, and Swords is a "male" suit. Two of the cards have figures in them.

The two Aces.

Hands hold symbolic object.
Hands come out of clouds.
There is gold on the card, in the Cup and in the Sword's crown.
The sky is grey.
The hands come from different directions.
One hand is male, one female.

There are drops in the air on both cards but on the Sword they are yellow or gold, and on the Cup they are drops of water.

The two figure cards.

Both figures (main figure on Hierophant) wear red although the shades are different and the figure on the 9 of Pentacles (the lady) wears red as a lining of her garment.
Both figures hold symbols of their position. The Hierophant has a triple cross scepter; The lady holds a hooded falcon.
There are two pillars on The Hierophant and he sits between them; there are two trees in the background on the 9 of Pentacles and the lady stands between them.
Lilies and roses appear on the robes of the "monks" on The Hierophant; ripe grapes on the 9 of Pentacles. These are symbols of abundance.
One figure is male, the other female.
She is alone; he has two monks at his feet.
He sits directly facing front; her body faces one way and her head and gaze face towards the bird on her wrist.
The 5 and the 9 are both odd numbers. In fact all four cards are odd numbers since the Aces are 1s.
It is possible that both of these cards are Earth cards. I went online to find out what element the Hierophant belonged to and most of the sites said Earth.

Well, it was interesting, and yes, as usual I learned some new things. I never thought of the Majors as having an Element before, for example. That the two Aces were related was obvious to me, but the two "figure" cards also turned out to be very related. And I found the one male, one female realization interesting when it occurred in both sets of cards.
Top   #48