View Single Post
One of the original 100 members

tarotbear 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenDarkWind View Post
Plan out what each card will have on it beforehand.
"I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH THIS CARD, SO I'LL FAKE IT FOR NOW."

Planning is VERY important! Remember - a card is a very small canvas and your space is limited. No - I don't believe for a minute that everyone who has a created a deck had all 78 cards completely planned out in their head like Mozart did his music; some things develop over time. Some things may change over time. But you probably should have a ground plan saved in your PC somewhere to make notes and keep notes. Some people start with the Fool and work through all the cards to the end; some start with their favorite card or suit and work randomly through the pack. The point is that while you are working on the Queen of Swords you might get this brilliant flash about another card or cards; write it down immediately! LOL! Do not trust your memory!

In a similar vein - if you create a 'custom color' for one of your suits - write it down! There is nothing worse than going back to a card and asking 'How did I get the blue-green combo?'

Make notes, take pictures, save your work frequently, and keep a record of everything. It will make it easier in the end ... particularly if you have to reproduce or correct something ... or if you're one of those people who hits 'delete' instead of 'rename.'
Top   #11